The Jhelum & Tawi Flood Recovery Project invites applications from interesting candidates for the position of “Procurement Specialist’ for Project Management Unit, with its office at Hotel Rachna Nehru Park Srinagar Kashmir on contract basis for a period of one year (extendable) on the monthly consolidated remuneration of Rs. 1.25 lacs (One lac twenty five thousand) only.
The eligibility criteria / terms of reference (TOR) for the Procurement Specialist are given hereunder:
Procurement Specialist (To be filled on Deputation basis or on competitive selection from the market)
Job Role ::
TheProcurement Specialist will be responsible for the overall coordination of all procurement related project activities to ensure that the related project objective are achieved within the time schedule and within the financial plan.
Scope of Works/Tasks
1. To prepare year-wise procurement plan for the project to ensure efficiency and get it approved from PMU and monitor/update the same regularly.
2. To provide procurement support during project preparation.
3. To assist all implementing agencies and staff in procurement capacity building activities including support during procurement assessment and procurement system development.
4. To prepare operational guidelines on concepts, policies and procedures of procurement for all levels;
5. To prepare guidelines for negotiating and resolving difficult procurement issues with agencies particularly bidding and award issues;
6. To design capacity building modules for procurement professionals in implementing agencies at level on approach to procurement, as well as on specialized procurement topics.
7. To prepare a range of procurement related documents and reports;
8. To develop a strong web based procurement management system in coordination with the M&E Specialist and IT Consultant and to analyse management related information
for improving efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery in the project.
9. To co-ordinate with all implementing agencies, R&RD, and the world Bank in general and with task counterpart In the WB Team.
10. To be fully conversant with all aspects of project implementation activities and to be responsible for timely reporting to the Project Director. To ensure publication of the procurement plan on the Project website.
11. To ensure that procurement under the project is conducted in accordance with the procedures and timeline as approved by the PMU/ World Bank.
12. To invite Expressions of Interest (EOI) for consultancy assignments through advertisements in newspapers and lor through e- procurement system, to coordinate for the evaluation of the EOI and finalization of shortlist.
13. To support the PMU in procurement matters, especially on technical matters, such as preparation of technical specifications, preparing all types of advertisements, bidding documents, letters of invitation expression of interests, preparing RFP documents, drafts contract, evaluation reports, etc. in the procurement of goods/ works/ equipment/ consultancies/ training/ services etc.
14. To maintain up-to-date and accurate procurement records for each project component.
15. To prepare and submit procurement progress reports periodically for the review of the Project Director.
16. To handle procurement related grievances/complaints received by the PMU as per guidelines.
17. To be responsible for any other related task/tasks assigned by the Project Director.
Qualification required ::
- Should have a B.Tech/ B.E. or M.Tech/ M.E (Civil) Degree from a recognized University and post Graduate Degree either in M.B.A. (Finance) or M.B.A. (Supply Chain Management) M.M.M
- At least 8 years direct relevant work experience as Procurement Specialist;
- Good knowledge of all concepts and principles or and approaches to procurement, and of Public procurement systems followed by the State Government. Knowledge and understanding of Technical, Commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all phases.
- Strong communication skills in presenting discussion and resolving difficult issues and proficiency in English and Hindi languages.
- Knowledge and experience in e-procurement and procurement MIS shall be desirable.
It is further notified that:-
- In service candidates wishing to apply must apply through proper channel. However, an advance copy should reach the Project office before the due date. Candidates holding contractual appointment in the Government or in any PSU shall be deemed to be an in-service candidate.
- The applications shall be accompanied with the attested copies of following certificates besides photograph to be affixed on the application:-
- Degree/higher qualification certificates
- Marks certificates of prescribed qualification.
- Experience Certificate.
Application forms, along with relevant documents, should be submitted in the JTFRP office located at Hotel Rachna, Nehru Park Boulevard, Srinagar in person or by post/courier by or before 10th September 2016. However JTFRP shall not be responsible for any postal/courier delays. The submission of application without prescribed and valid copies of certificates shall not be entertained besides the applications in the form of scanned copies through email.
The Selection criteria for the post shall be as follows:
||Marks obtained in the minimum qualification prescribed for the posts viz.
||40 (forty) points out of 100 points on pro-rata basis.
||10 (ten) points
||Experience of 8 years
||10 (ten) points
||Interview of candidates shortlisted on the basis of (i) & (ii) above
- The JTFRP reserves the right to reject any or all applications or cancel or defer or annul the selection process of post without assigning any reasons.