J&K Tourism Department Kashmir Jobs Recruitment Engagement of (Foreign) Snow Safety Officer.
For the winter season 2018-19 the Department of Tourism J&K invites offers from certified/ accredited “Snow Safety Officers” to head the Ski Patrol Team in Gulmarg for a period of 03 months. The Snow Safety officer must be qualified in Avalanche Snow Studies (Level-2/3) and must have 03 to 04 years of experience of working as Snow Safety Officer/using Explosives for triggering of Avalanche.
The role of the selected Officer (only one position is available) would be:-
1. To lead the Ski patrol team in a proactive manner and endeavour so that no mishap takes place.
2. To segregate the mountain area into marked and unmarked zones.
3. Avalanche mitigation and controlled use of Explosives for Avalanche triggering.
4. To take a weather call to close the upper mountain reaches for skiing due to storms or perceived threat of avalanche and issue advisories/notices accordingly.
5. Evacuation of injured skiers and administration of First Aid.
6. Training of the local Ski Patrol team.
7. To Develop Strategies pertinent to local conditions.
8. General advice to J&K State Cable Car Corporation and Tourism Department regarding operation of the Ski Lifts/Skiing.
9. To keep the resort open for the Skiing for maximum number of days.
10. The Snow Safety Officer should submit the annual report of the resort after the completion of the contract.
How to apply
Interested person may send their offers to e-mail ID: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] which must include.
• Full resume including scanned copies of relevant certificates/accredited courses in Snow Safety, Experience certificates, letters of recommendation (if any).
• QUOTE of Professional Charges for 03 months.
• The maximum bid for professional charges should not exceed USD 8500.00.
• Re-imbursement of Economy class Air Fare (to and fro) from country of origin – New Delhi-Srinagar and back will be only paid as per actual on deposition of tickets and boarding passes.
• Board and lodge provided by Tourism Department.
• It may be noted that the Department will not arrange for Insurance of the Selected Snow | Safety Officer and will not be liable in case of any injury/mishap/death to him/her. s •
The last date of receipt of offer is 20th December 2018.