TRAFFIC POLICE OFFICE CITY JAMMU
Traffic restrictions on the eve of Independence Dav. 2015 on 15-8-2015 in Jammu city
In view of Independence Day, 2015, the following traffic restrictions are hereby imposed in Jammu city for the convenience of general public:-
- Routes to be Adopted bv the Private Vehicles and Two Wheelers Carrying General Public for Witnessing the Independence Dav Celebrations other than Invitees:
- CPO Chowk-Amphalla-B.C Road-Shakuntala-K.C Crossing-IndiraChowk-Shaiamar-Ranbireshwar Temple / JDA Parking.
- Bikram Chowk-Dogra Chowk-JP Chowk-lndira Chowk-Shalamar-Ranbireshwar Temple-JDA Parking.
- Canal Head-Jewel Chowk-Dogra Chowk-JPChowk-Indira Chowk-Shalamar-Ranbireshwar Temple / JDA Parking.
- Bakshi Nagar-Shakuntla-KC Crossing-lndira Chowk-Shalamar-Ranbireshwar Temple- JDA Parking.
- Janipur-New Plot/Amphalla-B.C Road-Rehari Chungi-Shakuntla-KC Crossing-lndira Chowk-Shalamar-Ranbireshwar Temple-JDA Parking.
- NO ENTRY POINTS (For all kind of commercial vehicles and those who are without invitation passes)
K.C Crossing, Shakuntla Crossing, Rehari Crossing, Library Chowk, CPO Chowk, Maheshpura, Vigilance Rotary, Ranbireshwar Temple, Indira Chowk, Sidhra Bridge to Radio Station (Heavy vehicles)
- No Entry for Heavy Vehicles
- All Passenger buses coming from Banihal/Doda Udhampur/Katra towards Jammu shall adopt Sidhra-Narwal route or Sidhra, Manda, B.C road. No bus/truck should adopt Sidhra -Radio Station route.
- Similarly, passenger buses coming from Rajouri/Poonch/Akhnoor shall terminate at Bakshi Nagar Pulli and will operate from there for return Journey till function is over.
- Passenger buses coming from Kathua, Samba and outside state shall adopt B.C Road or Narwal Bye-Pass-Sidhra-Nagrota route.
- No heavy vehicles which include Trucks, Tippers, Tankers, Tractors, Load Carriers shall be allowed to enter City Jammu till the function is over. However they can adopt Sidhra Bye-Pass route for their onward journey towards Udhampur etc and vice versa for vehicles coming from Udhampur, Katra, Doda, Srinagar.
- Parking Arrangements
|Parade Contingents (PMF/Police)||After dropping the persons at Vigilance Rotary, the buses will go towards Maheshpora Chowk and get parked towards Resham Ghar side.|
|School Contingents||Govt. Women College Parade(Rear Gate)|
|General Public||JDA Parking Shalamar/ Parade parking opposite Brahman Sabha|
|Prominent Citizens||SRML Hr. Sec.School(Opposite Dogra Hall Petrol Pump)|
|Vehicles without passes.||1. Library Chowk to Ranbiershwer Temple.2. Library Chowk to Parade.|
3. Ranbireshwar Temple to Parade.
4. Vigilance Rotary to Parade.
5. Fly Over(except for Pass holders)
|Buses||Fly over (except for Pass holders)|
|Trucks||Shall not cross No-entry points till further order|
- Parking Places to be vacated on 15th August. 2015 (Chairman)