Government of Jammu and Kashmir,
Services Selection Board,
Zum Zum Building Rambagh, Srinagar.
Syllabus for Written test (Objective Type) for the post of AssistantmTourist Officer
- General Englist:- Verbal English, Analogies, Antonyms, Synonyms, Fill in the blanks, sentences corrections, idions, Spotting the error, Narration, Comprehension Passage,
20 Marks. Unit-2
- Basics of Tourism:- Meaning of Tourism, raveller, Visitor, Excursionist, Types of tourists, History of travel and tourism, Components and Elements of Tourism, Tourism motivation, Tourism Impacts-Economic, Social, Cultural and Environmental, Demand and Supply in Tourism, Multipier Effect.
- Geography of J&K:- Physiographic features of J&K State (Mountains, Rivers, Lakes, Climatic Conditions, Forests, Wildlife), Major religions of J&K State and their impact on tourism, Types of Tourism & important Touris Places in the State, Culture of J&K State, Population, Languages, Industry, Agriculture, Trade and Commerce, Health, Governments and Political Overview
- History of J&K:- Origin of history, Early history, Medieval Period, Muslim Rule & Modern period.
- Elementary knowledge of any foreign language