JAMMU & KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION|
Solina, Srinagar – 190009|
Applications on prescribed form are invited from the permanent residents of the Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic qualification and age for the post as indicated in the table below:-
- Assistant Architect in Housing and Urban Development Department.
|Name of the Discipline||Pay Scale||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||Total|
|256||Assistant Architect in Housing and Urban Development Department||Rs.9300-34800|
- Prescribed Qualification.
|256||Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent qualification.|
- Age as on 1st January 2015
Minimum = 18 years
Maximum = 40 years
Physical handicapped= 42 years
RBA/SC/ST/ALC/SLC= 43 years
Ex-Servicemen = 48 years
Note: In terms of the Government Order No. 102-GAD of 2007 dated 27.01.2007, the Contractual
appointees shall be deemed to be in-service candidates so far as the upper age limit for direct recruitment to Government Service is concerned provided they subsist in contractual appointment as on the date of issue of advertisement.
Note: Over-aged candidates having exceptional qualification relevant to the concerned subject may
also apply at their own risk and responsibility without prejudice to the right of the Commission to reject their Application Form:
Provided that over-aged candidates, shall not be considered when other eligible candidates are otherwise available.
- Application Forms:
- Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Solina Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on cash payment of ^ 500/- (excluding processing charges of Rs.10/) in respect of General Category candidates and ^ 250/- (excluding
processing charges of ^ 10/-)in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J&K Bank opened in the offices of J&K Public Service Commission at Solina, Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on all working days.
- The OMR Application Forms should be filled up neatly, correctly and completely. A copy of passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted Officer should be pasted at the relevant place/space in the Application Form.
- The Application Form complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates/testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Commission office in the envelope provided by the Commission along with the Application Form. Please note that the application form on which correction fluid is applied shall be rejected outrightly.
- The Application Forms complete in all respects must reach the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission, Solina, Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on or before the last date in an envelope provided by the Commission along with the Application Form.
- The Commission will, in no case, be responsible for non-receipt of their Application Forms or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No applications received after cut-off date will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications shall be deemed to have been rejected. Applicants should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Commission office on or before 11.2015.
- The in-service candidates shall have the certificate from the Head of the Office recorded in the format given at the end of the Scanable Application Form and submit the application form in the Commission office by or on the last date prescribed above. A photocopy of the said application form shall be routed through their appointing authority.
- CERTIFICATES TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM
Attested photo copies of the following certificates need to be attached with the photo copy of the Application Form:-
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate Prescribed for the Post.
- Result Notification of Prescribed Qualification.
- Valid Category certificate as per SRO 294 dated 21.10.2005 as amended from time to time and read with other relevant SRO’s.
- For Physically Handicapped Candidates, Disability Certificate on the prescribed format.
- CERTIFICATES/TESTIMONIALS TO CLAIM WEIGHTAGE:-
The candidates in possession of the following certificates/testimonials should attach the photo-copies of the same along with the Application Form for claiming the benefit of weightage authorized under Rule 51 of J&K PSC (Business & Procedure) Rules, 1980.
- Grade ‘C’ Certificate in NCC.
- Certificate of an Outstanding Sports Person certified by the Secretary, J&K Sports Council in terms of J&K (Appointment of Outstanding Sports Persons) Rules, 1998.
- Experience against the post in a Government/ Government. recognized institution including the institutions authorized by MCI/DCI/ICAR/lCvR/AICTE/Bar Council of India(Certified by the Head of Institution and in case of private institutions to be countersigned by the District/Divisional/State authority of the concerned Government Department and/or Director College Development Council/authorized officer of the university granting affiliation, as the case may be). The weightage shall be calculated at 0.25 points for every completed three months.
The applications complete in all respects and accompanied with the documents detailed hereinafter should reach the office of the J&K Public Service Commission Solina, Srinagar/ Resham Garh Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu by or on 05.11.2015. In case 05.11.2015 is declared a public holiday then the last date for receipt of Application Forms shall be the next working day.
- J&K PSC Office Complex, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu-180001
- J&K PSC Office Complex, Solina, Srinagar-190009
The last date for receipt of applications shall also for all purpose be the cut off date for determining the eligibility. Experience/improvement in the qualification/marks/additional qualification/distinction in sports/Games/NCC, if any, acquired by the candidate after the last date fixed for receipt of applications, shall not be taken into account nor given any credit.
- OTHER INFORMATION/INSTRUCTIONS
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
- Save as otherwise provided, in any other Act, Rules, or Regulations in force, where the Commission considers that the number of candidates who have applied for the post to be filled by direct recruitment, on the basis of interview, is large and it is not convenient, or possible, for the Commission to interview all the candidates, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, to a reasonable limit as provided in rule 40 of J&K Public Service Commission (Business & Procedure Rules) 1980 by short listing in the manner as indicated below:
- Short listing through a written Screening Test
Where the number of applicants exceeds 350 against posts not exceeding 100 and where the number of applicants is more than 3 times against vacancies exceeding 100, the short listing in the proportion of 1 (post) : 3 (applicants) shall be done through a Written Screening Test.
- Short listing by other methods
When the number of applicants for posts upto 100 is 350 or less, the short listing shall be done in the proportion indicated in the sub joined table on the basis of:
- Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination; and
- Higher qualification, if any, in the relevant subject.
|i||For 1-5 post||Five times the number of posts|
|ii||For 6-10 posts||Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25.|
|iii||For 11 -100 posts||Three times subject to a minimum of 40.|
provided that the candidate (s) who have secured marks equal to those secured by the last candidate, shall also be called for the Interview over and above the number of candidates short listed according to ii(a) and ii(b) above.
In a situation, when a reserved category candidate secures, merit equal to or above the cut off merit, in open category, such candidates shall also be called for interview in the respective category.
In the shortlisting carried out in the manner indicated at ‘b’ above the weightage for merit in the qualifying examination shall be 90% and for higher qualification in the relevant subject up to 10%
- The marks secured by the candidates in the screening test shall not be taken into account for determining the final order of merit.
- The place of interview/centre for screening test once chosen by the candidate shall not be changed.
- Selection of the candidates shortlisted for the interview shall be made in accordance with rule 51 of J&K Public Service Commission.
- The summoning of candidates for interview conveys no assurance, whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
- The candidate must be healthy and physically fit. If selected he/she shall be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as the Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the result of their applications in due course of time and any interim enquiries about the result are, therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The Commission shall not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non-selection for interview/appointment.
- Canvassing, in any form, shall disqualify a candidate.
- ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT
Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling up the Application Form. Candidates are also warned that they should, in no case, alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them, nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between two or more such documents or their attested/certified copies, an explanation regarding this discrepancy should be furnished.
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission, to be guilty of:
- obtaining support of his/her candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the selection, or
- using unfair means during the test, or
- writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the
conduct of their test, or
- attempting to commit or, as the case may be, abetting the commission of all or any of
the acts specified in the foregoing clauses may, in addition to rendering
himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable:
- to be disqualified by the Commission from selection for which he/she is a candidate, and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period: –
- By the Commission from any examination or selection held by them.
- By the State Government from any employment under them, and
- if he/she is already in the service under Government, disciplinary action under the rules