JAMMU AND KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION Solina, Srinagar – 190009
NOTIFICATION NO. PSC/EXAM/201 5/49 DATED: 12.10.2015
The Commission has developed an online Application Form for the Combined Competitive (Main) Examination. The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms v/ill be available at the website of the Commission from 15.10.2015. Syllabus for the (Main) Examination as contained inSRO 387 of 2008 dated. 01-12-2008 as amended from time to time has already been provided to the candidates at the time of filling up of the forms for the (Preliminary) Examination. However, a copy of SfiO 387 in the downloadable format is also available on the website.
Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the examination before filing the online Application Form.
Last date for filing of online Application complete In all respects Is 31.10.2015 Last date for submission of fee /bank challan is02.11.2015.
Candidates will also be required to submit In person or by the reglstered/speed post a hard copy of the downloaded online application form, alongwith copy of the bank challan duly stamped by the J&K 8ank Branch concerned and the other requisite documents within five days after depositing fee, in the Office of the Public Service Commission at Solina. Srinagar orReshamgarh Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu as the case may be.
The Commission v/ill not be responsible for any postal/courler delays after the above prescribed last date.
Date of commencement for submission of online applications Last date for submission of online applications Last date for submission of fee/bank challan Online applications are invited from permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir State foradmission to the J&K Combined Competitive (Main) Examination. 2014 in accordance with SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, read with SRO 62of 2014 dated 11.03.2014 and J&K Public Service Commission (Conduct of Examination) Rules, 2005 to fill up the posts in the below mentioned Services:-
- J&K Police (Gazetted) Service; and
Service and Category wise breakup of the vacancies is as under –
|Sr. No.||Service||OM / RBA||SC||ST / ALC||SLC |Total|
|1.||Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service||20 / 06||02||04 1||33|
|2.||J&K Police (G) Service||09/ 3||01||02 01||16|
|J&K Accounts (G) Service||02||01||02|
♦Two posts in Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service is earmarked for selection of Physically Challenged Candidates through Horizontal Reservation in accordance with Govt. Order No. 62-SW of 2001 dated 13.03.2001 read with Govt. Order No.108-SW of 2013 dated 01.04.2013 and Combined Competitive Examination Rules,2008.
- Scheme of Examination: The Combined Competitive (Main) Examination 2014 shall consist of two successive stages written test
Only those candidates who have been declared by the Commission to have qualified the Preliminary Examination vide Notification No. PSOEX-15/47 dated.05-10-2015 are eligible for admission to the Main Examination subject to their eligibility in accordance with the rules which is further subject to the scrutiny of the documents at the time of depositing of the hard copy of the downloaded online application form and at any stage which the Commission may deem fit and expedient.
The candidates shortlisted based on Preliminary Examination,besides, applying through online mode for the Combined Competitive (Main) Examination, 2014, shall also be required to submit a hard copy of the form alongwith the following documentsln the offices of the Commission located at Jammu and Srinagar as the case may be;-
- Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate as proof of date of birth;
- Educational qualification certificate;
- Permanent Residence Certificate;
- Certificate of belonging to RBA/SC/ST/ALC/OSC/PHC
- Certificate of holding of a civil post under the state as required, under SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, for seeking age relaxation, (If
- PHC category candidates should furnish the disability certificate on the proforma appended to this notification.
vii Character Certificate issued by the Head of the Education Institute or by University last attended by the candidate or by any Gazetted Officer of the state.
- In case of a candidate already in Government Service, a character certificate issued by the concerned Head of the Office.
( Application forms without these documents shall be considered incomplete and liable to rejection.
Note 1: Copies of documents submitted by the applicant should bear the self-attestation by the candidate.
Note 2: The candidates are advised to write their complete postal address including Pin Code to facilitate quick postal deliveries.
After successful submission of the online application form, achallan will be generated indicating the basic details of the candidate which mter-alla shall indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below:-
General Category = Rs.505/- Reserved Categories = Rs.255/-
The amount of fee payable shall include Rs.05/- as service charges for the J&K Bank.
( Candidates are advised to deposit the fee at any J&K Bank Branch on the next day of filing up of online application form.
- Eligibility Conditions: The conditions of eligibility and age limit etc. of a candidate shall be determined v/ith reference to the
Notification SRO- 387 dated 01.12.2008 read with SRO 62 dated 11.03.2014and shall further be subject to the fulfillment of the following parameters:-
- should have qualified the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2014, as notified vide Notification No. PSC/EX-15/47 dated.05-10-2015.
- must be a permanent resident of J&K State; and
- must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University in India or from a Foreign University declared by Government in consultation with the Commission to be equivalent to a degree of a recognized University.
Further, the candidate(s) who have appeared In the bachelors degree examinationin 2014,shall have to provide a proof to the effect that he/she had appeared fully in the required examination on or before the last date for filing/submission of Application Form for Preliminary Examination viz. up to 12.06.2014and had qualified the said Examination at the time of filingup the online Application Form for the Main Examination, failing which, such candidates shall not be admitted to the Main Examination,
- Age Limit:
- must have attained the age of 21 years but must have not crossed the age of 35 years (in case of OM candidates) on 1 *’ January 2014
- a candidate must have been born not earlier than 01.01.1979 and not later than 01.01.1993,
- The upper age limit in case of following shall, however be 37 years again reckonable v/ith reference to 01.01.2014
- candidates belongs to Scheduled Castes/5cheduled Tribes/Socially and Educationally Backward Classes;
- candidates holding a civil post in the State in a substantive capacity:
The upper age limit for physically challenged candidates is 38 yearsirrespective of the category to which such a candidate belongs. Provided further that a candidate who has completed two years service In substantive capacity to be certified by his Head of Department shall alone be eligible to daim the benefit of upper age limit under clause (d) above.
Note: Two years of service for the above purpose will be determined on 01.01.2014. as 1 “January is relevant for purpose of determination
Provided also that the candldate(s) already holding a civil post in the State shall submit their hard copy of the downloaded online application(s) through their respective Heads of Office to the Commission and in case the Commission receives intimationfor withholding permission from the employer, in respect of a candidate who has applied for or is appearing in the Combined Competitive Examination his/ her application shall be rejected and candidature cancelled. Such a candidate may, however, be allowed to appear in the examination as a fresh candidate subject to the condition that the said candidate is otherwise eligible under rules
Explanation: The expression “Civil post in the State* mentioned above means a post in any departmental service under the State and includes
the posts in the High Court of J&K and the J&K State Legislature’.
- Date of Examination:
- The Mains Examination will be held from 23Hof November, 201 Sat Jammu & Srinagar simultaneously as per date sheet to be notified separately by the Commission.
- The date of holding the examination shall not be changed unless required for any unavoidable reasons which shall be at the discretion of the Commission.
- Change, if any as such, in the date of examination shall be notified accordingly.
- Centre of Examination:
- The Examination v/ill be held at different centres located in Srinagar and Jammu cities.
- The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained nor will the Commission respond to request for change of centre.
- The Candidate should carefully mention about his/her choice for the centre viz. Jammu/Srinagar and the optional subjects for the examination while filing the Online Application Form.
- Under no circumstances, request for change in the choice once exercised by the candidate in respect of optional subjects/ service preferencesshall be entertained.
- While every endeavor will be made to allot the candidates, the examination centres of their choice viz Jammu/Srinagar. the Commission may, at their discretion, allot a different centre to a candidate, where circumstances so warrant
- The necessary instructions regarding filling up of online applications are given herein below:-
- Candidates are required to apply online through the website (jkpsc.nic.in)of the Commission. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted
- Applicants are first required to go to the JKPSC website jkpsc.nic.in and click on the link ’Online Application”
- An’APPLY” button on the window of the computer will appear and the candidates v/ill click on the APPLY button.
- On clicking ’APPLY” button, an instruction window v/ill appear. Candidates should read Instructions carefully before clicking on “APPLY”button at the bottom of the webpage.
- On clicking ’APPLY” button , the system will ask the candidate to fill in the personal details.After clicking on the “SUBMIT* button at the bottom of the page, the system will crosscheck the details v/ith the database and In case live candidate has not qualified the Preliminary Examination-2014, the applicant v/ill not be allowed further access.
- A candidate v/ho has qualified the Preliminary examination, will be given access to the application Form for being filled up which will contain non-editable prefilled data including Roll Number, name, parentage,DOB etc
vii The candidate shall be required to fill up the rest of the fields/informatlon.
- The candidate shall also be required to upload the images of recent photograph, signature and thumb impression specimen. Images to be uploaded should be only in (*.jpeg,*.jpg).
( Size of the photograph (passport size) and signature must be between 10kB to 20kB.
- By clicking on “SUBMIT’button at bottom of the page, it will display all facts/particulars that a candidate may have mentioned while filling up the necessary fields other than non-editable prefilled personal details.
- Once the candidate Is satisfied about the filled In details,then, he or she may click on’SUBMIT’ button tofinally push the data Into server with successful submission report, which he or she canprint. In case, a candidate feels that the fields/data filled are/is wrong then he or she v/ill be required to editthe detailsby pressing the cancel button, until he or she is satisfied about the correctness of the information required to be filled in the desired fields.
- Application once submitted cannot be edited.
- On successful submission of the online application, a window will open with a link to print e-challan and application form.
- Candidates should ensure that their personal email id (as specified in the online application form while applying for any post) Is kept active dunng the currency of a recruitment process.
- The candidate should take a printout of the fee payment challan and can deposit fees in any of the branches of Jammu and Kashmir Bank In the designated account number only printed on the e-challan. A counterfoil copy of the application fee payment e-challan duly authenticated by the bank with (a) branch name & code no and (c) date of deposit filled by the branch official shall be enclosed with the hard copy to be submitted in the office of the Commission alonv/ith requisite documents.
xv Submission of fee payment challan shall not be accepted / entertained after cut-off date fixed for the advertisement Notification,
xvi. Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying No other mode of application or incomplete steps
would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct:-
Candldates are advised that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any maienal information. While submitting hard copy of the application in the Commission, candidates are warned that they should, in no case, alter or otherwise temper v/ith any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them, nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or discrepancy between tv/o or more such documents or their attested /certified copies, an explanation regarding this discrepancy should be furnished.
A candidate who is. or has been, declared by the Commission, to be guilty of:
- obtaining by v/rongful support of his/her candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or
- making statements which are incorrect, or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection v/ith his/her candidature for the selection, or
- using unfair means during the test, or
- writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their test, or
- attempting to commit or, as the case may be, abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses
may, in addition to rendering himself /herself liable to criminal prosecution, shall be liable,
- to be disqualified by the Commission from selection for which he/she is a candidate, and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified perlod:-
(() By the Commission from any examination or selection held by them.
(ii) By the State Government from any employment under them, and
- if he/she is already in service under Government, disciplinary action can be taken against him/her under the appropriate rules
Sd/-(Shakeel UlRehman) KAS Secretary & Controller of Examinations
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service; and
- J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service.
Details of vacancies to be filled up are as under:
|Total Number of Vacancies||= 51|
|a.||Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service||= 33|
|b.||J&K Police (Gazetted) Service||= 16|
|c.||J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service||= 02|
of the age in the services
Provided further that candidates in respect of J&K Police (Gazetted) Service should possess the following physical standards also, namely:
|a. For Males:||b. For Females:|
|a. Height||165 cm||a. Height||150 cm|
|b. Chest qirth (min)||84 cms||b. Chest qirth (min)||79 cm|
|III. For Candidates from Leh/Karqll|
|a. For Males:||b. For Females:|
|(i) Height||160 cm||a. Heiqht||145|
|(ii) Chest qirth (min)||79 cm||Chest qirttymin)||79 cm|
|(iii) Expansion||Scm||Expansion||5 cm|