SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION COUNCIL (ST&IC)
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Applications in prescribed format given with this advertisement are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir, for appointment against the three vacant posts of Research Assistants in the Pay Scale of Rs 9300-34800+ Grade Pay 4400, in the Science Technology & Innovation Council (ST&IC).
- Qualification: First Class (Masters Degree in any Branch of Science or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University).
- Age limit: Not less than 18 years and more than 40 years as on 01.01.2015.
- Self attested photocopies of all Academic/Technical qualification, Age, State Subject certificate, Experience (if any) shall be attached with the application form and should be delivered by hand in ST&IC Offices (5 B/C, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu/ First Floor, Zam Zam Hotel, Rambagh Srinagar.) and the applicants from Leh & Kargil shall deliver the applications by hand in the offices of DC Leh/ Kargil, by or before 31.10.2015 against proper receipt.
- A non refundable application fee of Rs. 100/- is required to be paid in the shape of Demand Draft in favour of “Accounts Officer, S&T Council” for applying for said post, which should be attached with the application.
- Candidates will have to appear for an interview/written test to be held at Jammu/ Srinagar as and when called for on their own expenses and no TA/DA will be paid for the purpose.
- The applications would be shortlisted on the basis of academic merit and experience. Maximum candidates up to 5 times the number of posts shall be called for interview.
- Pay Emoluments– (1) During the period of first five years, the appointee shall be entitled to the minimum of scale of pay along with the grade pay applicable to the post (2) Every appointee shall after completion of five years period on probation be entitled to fixation of pay in the time-scale of pay applicable to the post. (3) The persons appointed under this advertisement shall be entitled to Annual Increments, Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance after successful completion of their five years’ service on consolidated salary. (4) These appointees shall be entitled to the benefits under the Medical Attendance Rules and Leave Rules from the date of their appointment itself.
- Seniority:- (1) The seniority of person appointed shall be reckoned from the date of his/her appointment. (2) The period spent on probation/consolidated salary shall also be reckoned for purposes of calculating the qualifying service of these appointees for pension and other benefits provided under rules.
- Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
(a) Grade Points to be awarded based on the marks obtained in the requisite minimum academic qualification & additional Grade points for higher qualification as per following breakup & calculations. 60 Points to be awarded (for Min. Qualification on pro-rata basis)
10 Points to be awarded (higher qualification- Ph.D/ M.Tech only)
10 Points to be awarded (experience of working in Scientific Organization Max. 10 points @ 2 per year) and (b) an interview 20 (twenty) marks/ Grade points.
- The services of the selected candidates may be terminated by ST&IC at any time prior to the period of aforementioned five (05) years, without any prior notice or thereafter.
- Selected candidates shall not have any claim to regular/permanent appointment whatsoever, as a matter of right.
- Applications received after the prescribed closing date or not accompanied with the requisite certificates/ documents shall be liable to be rejected.