Strategies & Tips to Prepare SSC CGL Exam 2018.
SSC CGL Exam 2018 Official notification for CGL EXAM 2018 is released for filling the various posts. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for the SSC CGL Examination and only a few get selected among them and land their dream jobs.If you haven’t yet filled the application form, its a reminder that 4th June 2018 is the last date. As per schedule, SSC CGL Tier I exam will take place from 25th July 2018 to 20th August 2018. Read this article about how to Prepare for SSC CGL 2018.
CGL EXAM 2018 NOTIFICATION
First of all we have to interested the Scheme of SSC CGL Exam 2018.
SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION:
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
Tier -I – Computer Based Examination
Tier -II – Computer Based Examination
Tier -III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Syllabus for CGL 2018
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/ Paper.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 1 Exam
The duration of the exam is 60 minutes (80 minutes for visually handicapped candidates ).
How to Prepare CGL Tier 1 General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Solve practice papers and last year question papers.
- Practice Gk and Reasoning questions every day.
- Topics like puzzles, figure-based questions, analogy, coding-decoding, series, are particularly scoring.
- Non-verbal reasoning topics like image assembling, figure-counting, etc.
- While practicing, and In the exam as well, try to complete this section in not more than 20 minutes.
How to Prepare CGL Tier 1 General Awarness
General awareness (GA) is observed to be the most scoring section of the exam in the recent years.
- This section mostly consists of more questions from static GK than current affairs. Thus, focus more on static GK and concurrently stay in touch with the current affairs.
- Prepare the subjects in the order of priority mentioned here; it is in accordance with the trends observed in the last few years. Science> Polity> History> Geography> Economy> Miscellaneous
- Static GK is related to Culture, Indian History, Economy, Geography (India + World), Polity and Environment.
- Try attempting at least 75 questions of GK every day in a span of 30 minutes.
- When it comes to General Awareness, revision is the key to success.
How to Prepare CGL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude (QA) is the toughest and most time-consuming segment of this exam.
- Begin with the topics like percentage; profit and loss; speed, distance and time; boat and stream questions; ratio and proportion; data interpretation etc.
- Formulate a list of all shortcuts, formulae, concepts and tips. Shortcut tricks can help you big time in Quantitative Aptitude.
- Focus on topics like simplification, age problems, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion as they are simple and quite scoring.
- Memorize all important formulae by heart. Solve an array of questions so you are aware of your strong and weak areas.
- In the exam, do not devote more than 25 minutes to this section.
How to Prepare CGL Tier 1 English Section
The three key aspects that you need to efficiently prepare for SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 1 English test are vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension. Half the battle is won if you achieve proficiency in vocabulary and grammar.
- The pattern and questions in this exam are repeated time and again. Thus, a thorough preparation can help you wrap up this whole section in not more than 20 minutes.
- Practice comprehension passages each day. Whenever you come across a new word, look for its meaning, synonyms, and antonyms.
- Read newspapers daily.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 2 Exam
Like Tier I, SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be objective in nature.
How to Prepare SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language and Comprehension Paper f
SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language Paper has 200 questions carrying 1 mark each. The duration of this paper is 2 hours.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer. So if you are not confident about a particular question, it is preferable not to attempt it.
- The pattern of this section is very similar to that of tier 1 but the level of difficulty is much higher.
- Nearly 40- 50% of question are based on grammar. So, if you are adept in the language you will not face difficulty in attempting this paper.
- Read newspapers with attention to detail. Practice the questions given in the books on grammar and last year question papers.
How to Prepare SSC CGL Tier 2 Prepare Statistics Paper
SSC CGL Tier 2 Statistics Paper has 100 questions carrying one mark each. The duration of this paper is 2 hours. Each correct answer will fetch 2 marks while ½ a mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- SSC CGL – Statistics Tier – 2 (Paper – 3) Practice Work Book is a comprehensive book for students preparing for SSC CGL exams. It is based on the new pattern and comprises solved papers of exams held in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
How to Prepare SSC CGL Tier 2 General Studies (Finance and Economics) Paper
With the introduction of the new post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO), Paper 4 has been added to CGL Tier 2. The duration of this paper is 120 minutes. It will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. 0.5 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- This paper does not involve the application of formulae and tricks or cramming vocabulary which takes a lot of time. It is easy to learn and score in Economics and Finance with accuracy.
- Prepare thoroughly definitions and concepts pertaining to Indian and world economies. It takes hardly 2-3 seconds to answer questions based on them.
- This paper holds maximum weightage in general awareness section. About 3-5 questions are asked from this section. Here are the topics you should cover at any cost as it is observed that approximately 7-10 questions are based on them in SSC exam:
- Five Year Plans
- Indian Tax Structure
- Money and Banking
- Economic Terms
- Economic Reforms in India
How to Prepare SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 3 Descriptive Paper
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 3
- There will be essay/letter/ application/precise writing in the exam. So, practice writing essays as it will build your confidence.
- Read the newspaper every day to comprehend the efficacious way of writing Analyze how the paragraphs are connected to each other and the approach that the editor has taken.
- Buy a good book which contains a number of essays as it will provide you good content on important topics and enhance your vocabulary.
How to Prepare SSC SSC CGL Exam 2018 Tier 4 Exam
SSC CGL Tier 4 exam comprises two types of tests i.e Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST).
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
CPT includes the following three modules:
- Word Processing:You will be given an English passage; 2000 key depressions have to be made in 15 minutes. This is not difficult if you practice typing daily.
- Spread Sheet:In this module, the students will be asked to perform basic mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division on Microsoft Excel sheet. For this, they should well-versed with the basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Generation of slides:The students will be asked to create slides on Microsoft Powerpoint. To do well, it is must to have an understanding of header, footer, inserting date and time and foundational skills of Microsoft Powerpoint.
Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
DEST consists of only a typing test wherein the students have to make 2000 key depressions in 15 minutes. It is a speed test that can be cleared without a hitch with regular practice.
How to Crack SSC CGL 2018 Exam in First Attempt?
If you follow the above given SSC CGL 2018 Preparation Strategy with Daily Routine then you would be able to crack this exam in the first attempt.
Follow Exam Pattern and Full Syllabus
Try to Get Best Guidebooks
Solve Online Test Series
Practice by Solving Previous Year Question Papers
Analysis the Previous Year Cut off List
Download New Version Of Jkalerts App.
Existing user Please Update !!