Centre for Development Studies Jobs Recruitment 2020.
Centre for Development Studies CDS Jobs Recruitment 2020.
The Centre for Development Studies (CDS) is a leading social science research centre under the framework of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The Centre has an active research programme on a number of distinct themes in applied development economics and also offers highly rated Ph.D. programme in Economics and MA programme in Applied Economics for which the degree is awarded by Jawahartal Nehru University, New Delhi. For its growing faculty needs, the Centre invites applications for the posts of:
1. ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:
(1 Un Reserved)- Pay Band: 15600-39100 (Based on 6th pay commission, likely to be revised as per 7th CPC)
2. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR:
(1 Un Reserved) Pay Band: 37400-67000 (Based on 6th pay commission, likely to be revised as per 7* CPC) Further, all selected candidates are entitled to a modest seed money grant and housing in campus.
Applications may be filed using only the prescribed application form, which can be downloaded, from http://cds.edu/jobs/
1. Preference will be given to candidates with following specialisations: Econometrics/Statistics, Micro Economics and Development Economics. For Associate Professor, the specialisation should be Statistics & Econometrics and for Assistant Professor, the specialisation should be in any branch of Development Studies
2. Ability to teach Microeconomics/ Econometrics/ Statistics/ Topics in Development Economics at the Masters’ and PhD levels, supervise doctoral research scholars and to work in a multicultural research environment is desirable.
3. Self-attested copies of the following documents are to be included:
(i) M A degree certificate and mark/ grade sheets;
(ii) Ph.D. degree certificate,
(iii) Proof of date of birth
(iv) A document to prove the teaching experience of 8 years- only in the case of the post of Associate Professors.
4. The selected candidates are expected to join duty by October 01, 2020.
How to apply:
Completed application forms together with the above enclosures may be sent by email to: [email protected] on or before July 31, 2020. Hard copies may be posted, if necessary, to The Director, Centre for Development Studies, Prasanth Nagar, Ulloor, Trivandrum-695011, Kerala. Tel: 0471-2774201.
1. Only Indian nationals need to apply. Applications from Indian nationals abroad will also be considered. If short listed, interviews may be held in such case via video conferencing on the same day as in the other cases for the specified post.
2. Decision by the selection committee is final.
3. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
4. The Centre reserve the rights to keep the post vacant if no suitable candidates are found.
5. The Centre reserves the right to shortlist a smaller number of applicants from those who fulfill the minimum advertised conditions.
6. In case of any disputes, suites or legal proceedings against CDS, the jurisdiction shall be limited to the courts in Trivandrum.