GOVT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR NCC GROUP HQ JAMMU /NCC DIRECTORATE J&K
ADVERTISEMENT NOTICE NO. 02
1. THIS DIRECTORATE ADVERTISEMENT NOTIFICATION NO. 01 DATED 01/02 NOV 2015 BE TREATED AS CANCELLED.
2. FRESH NOTIFICATION FOR THE SAME POSTS IS GIVEN BELOW.
3. THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE APPLIED EARLIER ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO SUBMIT FRESH APPLICATIONS AS PER THE ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS MENTIONED IN PARA 6 BELOW.
4. In exercise of the powers conferred upon vide Govt of J&K Order No. 735-GAD of 2008 dated 30 May 2008 as amended vide Govt Order, No 731-GAD of 2010 dated 24 Jun 2010, application from physically fit male permanent residents of Jammu Division are invited as per proforma devised below for appointment of Class IV in the pay scale of 4440-7440 with grade pay of Rs. 1400/- and 1300/- (in case of Lascars and Peon respectively) existing in Jammu Division on the terms and conditions and qualification requirements given hereunder :-
Details and Number of Vacancies Jammu Division
(a) Lascar -02 [Open-01, RBA-01 (both of Distt Jammu)]
(b) Peon -03 [Open-02 (Jammu-01, Doda-01), RBA-01 (Poonch)]
(c) Chowkidar -01 (ST-State. To be employed in Distt. Jammu only).
5. Education Qualification. Minimum and Maximum qualification for the above posts is Matric and 10+2 respectively from a
recognized board. No person shall be eligible for appointment to any post in the category of class IV, unless he possess the above qualifications. However, no additional weightage shall be given to any candidate for higher qualification terms of SRO-99 of 2008 dated 07.04.2008.
6. Age:- Minimum age is 18 years as on 01/01/2016. The age of candidate must not exceed the age given below for
each category as on 01/01/2016 :-
(a) General/Category – 40 years
(b) Reserved category – 43 years
(c) Ex-serviceman – 48 years
7. In view of District Cadre posts in NCC in the State, the candidates applying for the post should belong to the concerned
district only and submit their application to Group Commander, NCC Group HQ Jammu, 82-A/D, Gandhinagar, Jammu, Pin Code (180004). One applicant can apply for one post only.
8. Last date of receipt of application is 08 Mar 2016. Also no application sent by Regd Post will be accepted if not received
by 08 Mar 2016. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
9. The candidates must possess good moral character and sound health and must be free from anybody disability.
10. Documents to be attached (attested copies) with the application :-
(a) Date of Birth Certificate.
(b) Permanent Resident Certificate.
(c) Qualification Certificates.
(d) Marks Certificate of last examinations passed.
(e) Reservation Category Certificate issued by competent authority.
(g) Character certificate from concerned Police Station/Gazetted Officer/MLA/MLC.
Selection Criteria and Method of Recruitment Of Lascars/Peons/Chowkidars
11. All the eligible candidates who apply for the posts of Lascars, Peons & Chowkidars shall be given date and place for con-
duct of physical tests. Merit of each candidate will be made with maximum marks of 100. Breakdown of the marks are as
S/No. Test Max Marks
(a) Physical Fitness Test -65 Marks
(b) Academic/ Professional Qualification Marks as merit -30 Marks
(c) Interview -05 Marks
Total -100 Marks
12. As part of the screening process, candidates will be tested in physical fitness test to access the candidate’s physical ability and to prepare the merit list. Complete proceedings of the physical test will be video graphed and kept as record by the Board of Officer.
13. Tests will be conducted tentatively in the last week of Mar/1st week of Apr 2016. Notification for date, time and venue for the tests will be published in the last week of Mar 2016.