GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU & KASHMIR
DIRECTORATE GENERAL ECONOMICS & STATISTICS
SDA COLONY BEMINA SRINAGAR/ JANIPUR JAMMU
Subject: Engagement of consultants for various assignments in the Directorate of Economics & Statistics, J&K under the central plan scheme “India Strengthening Statistical Project-ISSP”.
Applications on behalf of Governor of Jammu & Kashmir are invited on prescribed format (Annexure 1) from the eligible persons which should reach in the office of Director General Economics & Statistics, Jammu latest by 06-01 -2016 for consideration of engagement as Sr. consultants (subject matter specialist) in the Directorate of Economics & Statistics J&K under the central plan scheme “India Strengthening Statistical Project-ISSP”
- Number of positions of Sr. consultants: 06
- Job Requirement: As per details given in annexure-ll
3 Consultant emoluments, educational qualification, maximum age, experience and other terms and conditions are as under:
|Activity||No. of Consultant||Maximum age as on 31.08.2015||Minimum|
|Experience||Emoluments to be offered (per month)|
|02||65 years||Masters Oegree in Economics||A retired govt, officer having at least 20 years service. He/She should have worked continuously as Dy Director (Sts) for at least 4 years with minimum 2 years term as DSE0.||Last pay- minus pension|
|2||CSR||02||65 years||Graduate having been inducted into KAS||A retired govt, officer having at least 20 years service with 3 years continuous service as Dy Secretary. The Officer should be well versed with Civil Service Rules. Preference will be given to the officer from Sectt Service.||-do-|
|02||65 years||Graduate shall be from Kashmir Accounts Service||A retired govt, officer having at least 20 years service He/She should have rendered at least 3 years service as CA0.||-do-|
- OTHER TERMS AND CONDITION:-
- Selected person will be considered for engagement as Sr. consultant on contract basis. The consultant will initially be engaged for a period of 6 months. The period will be extendable in spells on the basis of their performance. However, the contract can be terminated during the period of engagement, if the performance of Sr consultant is not satisfactory.
- The monthly emoluments would be released on the recommendations of the Director (C) /Joint Director (C) in respect of consultants to be engaged for “Business Registers”and from Joint Director/Sr instructor, Statistical Training School Srinagar and Jammu for consultants to be engaged for imparting training to officers and officials of Economics and Statistics cadre on (I) Service Rules and (il) Financial Matters. The Sr.consultant(s) would not be paid any other allowances like DA/HRA/TA/ medical or any other benefits including government accommodation. A lump sum amount to cover travelling expenses will be considered in respect of engaged Sr. consultants’ separately, if their job involves field work.
ill) The consultant(s) will not be entitled for any kind of leave, except 7’‘’days causal leave In six months period and this will be calculated on pro-rata basis. In case of unauthorized absence, the Directorate of Economics and Statistics will be free to reduce emoluments on pro-rata basis and in case of absence from office by more than eight days beyond entitled leave in six months period; the Directorate will be free to terminate the services of such consultant.
- The engagement of consultant(s) would not be considered as re-employment.
- The Sr. consultant will not divulge information gathered during consultancy period to anyone other than officers/ officials of Directorate of Economics & Statistics, J&K.
- The place of posting of Sr consultants would be (i) Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Jammu and Kashmir and (ii) Statistical Training Schools Srinagarand Jammu.
- The Sr. consultants for all official purposes will address all official or demo official communications to Director General, Economics & Statistics only.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Director General. Economics & Statistics will be final and binding on the Sr. consultant(s).
- The candidates who have submitted their applications in response to the advertisement issued through various newspapers including Greater Kashmir vide DIPK No. 8756 will be considered and they are not required to apply afresh.
- The filled in application should reach at the following address latest by 06-01-2016 from the date of issue of this notice through registered/speed post containing scanned /attested copies of marks sheet and certificate of graduation and post graduation, certificate of matriculation/school examination for age verification, certificate showing experience in the specific subject:
Shri R. A. Banday, Director
General, Economics and Statistics, Ashok Vihar Janipur, Jammu-80007
- Selection committee constituted by state government for the purpose of selection of consultants, reserves the right to accept or cancel any or all applications without assigning reasons thereof.
(Note; subject of fetter should be Igbefed as “Consultant”