JAMMU AND KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications through online mode are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic/professional qualifications and age for the posts of Assistant Director and Compiler in Tourism & Culture Department of the State as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below: –
The breakup of these vacancies referred bv the Administrative Department is given as under: –
|Item No.||Name of the post||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||SLC||Total|
- Date of commencement for submission of online applications = 09.2016
- Last date for submission of online applications = 10.2016
- Last date for submission of fee/bank challan = 10.2016
- Prescribed Qualification
|litem No.||Essential Qualification||Desirable|
|91 & 92||M A in Economics/History/Sociology/Anthropology Knowledge of Urdu and Persian||Experience of conducting research after obtaining Post Graduation. Experience of publishing papers in standard research Journals.|
- Pay Scale – The posts carry the pay scale of R$. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4800.
- Age as on 1st January 2016:
Minimum: = 18 Years
Maximum: = 40 Years
Candidates in Govt. Service: = 40 Years
Physically Challenged candidates: = 42 years
Candidates belonging to RBA/SC/ST/ALC/SLC categories: = 43 years
Ex-serviceman: = 48 years
Note: Over-aged candidates having exceptional qualification relevant to the concerned subject may also apply at their own risk and responsibility without prejudice to the right of the Commission to reject their Application Forms.
- Scheme of Selection:
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Govt., in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
- A written test shall be conducted and the marks/points obtained by the participating candidates shall be apportioned proportionately against the marks earmarked for written test in the selection criteria. On the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in the written Examination an oral test will be conducted which may be restricted as under:-
|i||For 1-5 post||Five times the number of posts|
|ii||For 6-10 posts||Four times the number of posts subject to a minimum of 25.|
|in||For exceeding 10 posts||Three times subject to a minimum of 40.|
Thereafter, merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit obtained in the written and oral test in conformity with the criteria laid down under Rule 51 of J&K Public Service Commission (Business & Procedure) Rules, 1980.
Provided further that the candidate(s) who have secured marks equal to those secured by the last candidate, shall also be called for the Interview over and above the number of candidates short listed for oral test.
- Examination Fee:
After successful submission of the form online, a challan will be generated indicating the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall Indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below:-
General Category = Rs. 805.00 Reserved Categories = Rs. 405.00
The total amount of fee payable shall include Rs.05/- as service charges of the J&K Bank.
- Centre of Examination:
The Examination will be held at different centres located in Srinagar and Jammu cities.
The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained nor will the Commission respond to request for change of centre.
SKUAST JAMMU JOBS Project Assistant, Field Worker