JAMMU AND KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu -18001
NOTIFICATION NO: 08- PSC (DR-P) OF 2016
Applications through online mode are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic/professional qualifications and age for the posts of Medical Officer in Health & Medical Education Department of the State as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below: –
- The posts carry the pay scale of 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.5400
- Date of commencement for submission of online applications 21.03.2016
- Last date for submission of online applications 21.04.2016
- Last date for submission of fee/bank challan = 04.2016
Category wise breakup of the posts
|Name of the Discipline||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||SLC||Total|
- 3% Horizontal Reservation shall be provided to the Physically Handicapped Category candidates as provided under SRO 294 of 2005 dated: 21.10.2005 and as per Government Order No. 108-SW of 2013 dated: 01.04.2013.
- Syllabus for conduct of written test shall be notified separately.
- Prescribed Qualification
MBBS or Possession of recognized Graduate Medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or part-II of the 3rd Scheduled (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of education qualification included in part-II of the 3rd Scheduled should fulfill the conditions stipulated in sub-section (3) of section (13) of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Age as on 1st January 2016:
Candidates in Govt. Service Physically Challenged candidates
Candidates belonging to RBA/SC/ST/ALC/SLC categories Ex-serviceman
- Scheme of Selection:
The Scheme of selection shall be notified separately.
After successful submission of the form online, a challan will be generated indicating
the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall indicate the amount of fee to be
deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below :-
General Category = Rs.505.00
Reserved Categories = Rs.255.00
The total amount of fee payable shall include Rs.05/- as service charges of the J&K Bank.
- Centre of Examination:
- The Examination will be held at different centres located in Srinagar and Jammu cities.
- The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained nor will the Commission respond to request for change of centre.
- The necessary instructions regarding filling up of online applications are given herein below:-
- Candidates are required to apply online through the website ( jkpsc.nic.in) of the Commission. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted.
- Applicants are first required to go to the JKPSC website jkpsc.nic.in and click on the link “Online Application”.
- An “APPLY” button on the window of the computer will appear and the candidates will click on the APPLY button against the post he/she is eligible.
- On clicking “APPLY” button, an instruction window will appear. Candidates should read instructions carefully before clicking on “APPLY” button at the bottom of the webpage.
- On clicking “APPLY” button, the system will ask the candidate to fill in the personal details.
- The candidate shall also be required to upload the images of recent photograph and signature. Photograph image must mention the date in which it is taken.
S Size of the photograph (passport size) and signature must be between 10kB to 20kB in *.jpeg or *.jpg only.
- By clicking on “SUBMIT” button at bottom of the page, it will display all facts/particulars that a candidate may have mentioned while filling up the necessary fields.
- Once the candidate is satisfied about the filled in details, then, he or she may click on “SUBMIT” button to finally push the data into server with successful submission report, which he or she can print. In case, a candidate feels that the fields/data filled are/is wrong then he or she will be required to edit the details by pressing the EDIT button, until he or she is satisfied about the correctness of the information required to be filled in the desired fields.
- Application once submitted cannot be edited.
- On successful submission of the online application, a window will open with a link to print e-challan and application form.
- The candidate should take a printout of the fee payment challan and can deposit fees in any of the branches of Jammu and Kashmir Bank in the designated account number only printed on the e-challan. A counterfoil copy of the application fee payment e-challan duly authenticated by the bank with fa) branch name & code no and fc) date of deposit filled by the branch official shall be enclosed with the hard copy to be submitted in the office of the Commission alongwith other requisite documents.
- Submission of fee payment challan shall not be accepted/entertained after cut-off date fixed for the advertisement Notification.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- Certificates to be attached with the photocopy of the application form.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate Prescribed for the Post.
- Marks certificates of prescribed qualifications.
- Registration certificate of MBBS
- Registration certificate of MS/MD/DNB/MCH/DM/DNB, from concerned Authority, if any.
- Registration certificate from MCI in case of Degree obtained from abroad.
- Internship certificate.
- Valid Category certificate as per SRO 294 dated 21.10.2005 as amended from time to time and read with other relevant SRO’s.
- For Physically Challenged Candidates, Disability Certificate on the prescribed format.
- Certificates/testimonials to claim weightage: –
The candidates in possession of the following certificates/testimonials should attach the photocopies of the same along with the Application Form for claiming the benefit of weightage authorized under Rule 51 of J&K PSC (Business & Procedure) Rules, 1980.
- Grade ‘C’ Certificate in NCC.
- Certificate of an Outstanding Sports Person certified by the Secretary, J&K Sports Council in terms of J&K (Appointment of Outstanding Sports Persons) Rules, 1998.
- Experience against the post in a Government/ Government. recognized institution including the institutions authorized by MCI/DCI/ICAR/ICVR/AICTE/Bar Council of India (Certified by the Head of Institution and in case of private institutions to be countersigned by the District/Divisional/State authority of the concerned Government Department and/or Director College Development Council/authorized officer of the university granting affiliation, as the case may be). The weightage shall be calculated at 0.25 points for every completed three months.
- Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct: –
Candidates are advised that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information. While submitting hard copy of the application in the Commission, candidates are warned that they should, in no case, alter or otherwise temper with any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them, nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document.
If there is any inaccuracy or discrepancy between two or more such documents or their attested /certified copies, an explanation regarding this discrepancy should be furnished.
A candidate who is, or has been, declared by the Commission, to be guilty of:
- obtaining by wrongful support of his/her candidature by any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or
- making statements which are incorrect, or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature for the selection, or
- using unfair means during the test, or
- writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their test, or
- attempting to commit or, as the case may be, abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses may, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, shall be liable;
- to be debarred by the Commission for appearing in the examination, and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:-
- By the Commission from any examination or selection held by them.
- By the State Government from any employment under them.