Revised Advisory For General Public / Customers regarding Deposit / Exchange of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes
• For J&K Bank account holders: Deposit the notes at any J&K Bank Branch /Extension Counter.
• For over the counter exchange, the limit has been increased from existing Rs 4000 to Rs4500. Don’t forget to carry any one of the following as proof of identity (1.) Aadhaar Card (2.) Driving License (3.) Voter ID Card (4.) Passport (5.) MGNREGA Card (6.) PAN Card (7.) Identity Card issued by Govt Department, PSU to its staff.
• For people without accounts, he/she can open a bank account and deposit the notes, which can then be withdrawn as per allowed limits.
• There is no limit to deposit these notes in Bank account. Limit of Rs 4500 is only for exchange of notes.
• These notes can be credited to third party account subject to authorisation of the account holder is presented to the bank with valid proof of identity of the person actually tendering.
• The daily limit on withdrawal from ATMs has been increased from existing Rs 2000 to Rs 2500. However, the customers can withdraw the said amount in at least two transactions.
• The weekly limit of Rs 20000 for withdrawal from bank accounts has been increased to Rs 24000 and the daily limit of Rs 10000 per day stands withdrawn.
There is no change in any other form of monetary exchange -cheque, DD, payment via credit or debit cards, ebanking, mobile banking and point of sale machines.
TOLL FREE HELPLINE NUMBER