Jammu Srinagar NHW Traffic update 06 Jan 2022
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 04-01-2023, 1700 hrs. to 05-01-2023,1700 hrs. Jammu Srinagar NHW remained block for 20 mins due to C-N Tunnel closed by Tunnel authority. There was slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 02 HMVs between Nashree and NAVYUG Tunnel.
2. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
3. in view of inclement weather prediction issued by MeT Deptt. a long spell of snowfall w.e.f .07-01-2023 onwards. SSG road may likely to be closed from 6th of January 2023 for winter Season. People are advised to plan their journey accordingly
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 06-01-2023:-Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS: –
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0800 hrs. to 1100 hrs. from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0900 hrs to 1200 hrs & from Qazigund 0800 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
HMVs/Load Carriers: –
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement: –
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/ traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
SSG ROAD: –
In view of frost and slippery conditions of the road , tomorrow subject to fair weather and road clearance, only one way traffic from Srinagar towards Kargil shall be allowed on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Sonamarg at 0900 hrs. LMVs followed by HMVs upto 1130 hrs.
Motorists are advised to carry anti-skid chain to gain more grip on the slippery road.
No vehicles shall be allowed without anti skid chain. Security Forces shall follow the same schedule.
No vehicle shall be allowed before and after cut off timings.
Mughal Road is closed due to snow accumulation ADVISORY:-
People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048,0191-2740550,9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396,18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road Advisory issued today on 05-01-2023 at 1800 hrs.