Jammu Srinagar NHW Traffic Update 10 Jan.
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 08-01-2023, 1700 hrs. to 09-01-2023,1700 hrs. Jammu Srinagar NHW remained block for 29 mins due to shooting stones at Mehar, Ramban. C-N Tunnel closed by Tunnel authority for 01 hour 03 mins, making the total blockage of 01 hour 32 mins. There was slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 01 HMV between Nashree and NAVYUG Tunnel.
2. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 10-01 -2023:-Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS: –
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0800 hrs. to 1100 hrs. from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0900 hrs to 1200 hrs & from Qazigund 0800 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
HMVs/Load Carriers: –
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement: –
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/ traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
SSG ROAD: –
SSG Road closed for vehicular movement vide Divisional Commissioner Ladakh UT’s order no. 75 dated 06-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
Mughal Road closed for vehicular movement vide District Magistrate Shopian’s order endstt. no. DMS/PA/2023/1362-67 dated 05-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048,0191-2740550,9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396,18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road Advisory issued today on 09-01-2023 at 1800 hrs.