Jammu Srinagar NHW Traffic Update 21 July 2022.
Tomorrow on 21-07-2022, no vehicular movement shall be allowed from either side on Jammu Srinagar NHW (NH-44) in view of road blockage at Mehad, Ramban due to continuous shooting stones.
Note:-Public will be informed through social media in case the road opens.
SSG ROAD: –
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa.
Cut off timings for LMVs/Passenger/Private Cars
from Minamarg towards Srinagar 0630 hrs. to 1200 hrs.,
Minamarg to Sonamarg only upto 1700 hrs.,
no vehicle shall be allowed beyond Sonamarg after 1500 hrs.,
from Sonamarg towards Kargil 0500 hrs. to 1700 hrs.
from Minamarg towards Srinagar 0730 hrs. to 1130 hrs. from Sonamarg towards Kargil 1300 hrs. to 1900 hrs.
No vehicle shall be allowed between 1900 hrs and 0500 hrs.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Srinagar towards Poonch on Mughal road. LMVs followed by HMVs will be released from Herpora (Shopian) towards Poonch at 0500 hrs. upto 1700 hrs.
& LMVs will be released from Behramgalla (Buffliaz), Poonch towards Srinagar at 0500 hrs upto 1700 hrs.
1. Movement of Yatris / Tourists in Kashmir Valley
Yatris / Tourists are advised to travel in the Kashmir Valley only between 0700 hrs to 1800 hrs and must plan their travel so as to reach their destination within this time period. In case the Yatris / Tourists fail the reach their destination within the stipulated time i. e. 1800 hrs. the security forces shall make such Yatris / Tourists halt for the night at the nearest lodgment Centre.
2. People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048,9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396,18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. Truckers upto ten Tyre are advised to use Mughal road for movement from Jammu to Srinagar and vice-versa.
2. There shall be no traffic movement on all Fridays on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road from either side in view of Maintenance and Repair on Zoji La axis.