Jammu Srinagar NHW Traffic Update 29 May 2023.
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. From 27-05-2023. 1700 hrs. to 28-05-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 30 mins due to restoration work at Dalwas Passi. NAVYUG Tunnel closed for 02 hours 15 mins, by Tunnel authority, making the total blockage of 02 hrs 45 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 07 HMVs and movement of 12 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
2. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road. TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 29-05-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance. LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs. from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs & from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions. HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition. LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Kargil towards Srinagar on SSG road. LMVs will be released from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 0600 hrs. to 0830 hrs. followed by HMVs upto 1030 hrs. and LMVs will be released from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 1400 hrs upto 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed between 1700 hrs. and 0600 hrs.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, only one way traffic LMVs from Shopian towards Poonch shall be allowed on Mughal Road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Herpora (Shopian) towards Poonch at 1000 hrs. upto 1400 hrs.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under: –
• Jammu (0191-2459048. 0191- 2740550. 9419147732. 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022. 2485396. 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 28-05-2023 at 2000 hrs.