Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Date: 08 /07/ 2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 330 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 59 from Jammu Division and 271 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 168 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals, 38 from Jammu Division and 130 from Kashmir Division. Also 06 COVID-19 deaths, have been reported from Kashmir Division (08 July 2020; upto 8:00 PM).
2. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others, frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap & water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
3. Asa measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease.
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.