1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 1457 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 817 from Jammu Division and 640 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 692 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals 312 from Jammu Division and 380 from Kashmir Division. Also 14 COVID-19 deaths have been reported 09 from Jammu Division and 05 from Kashmir Division (20 September 2020; upto 5:00 PM).
2. A high level Central team lead by Dr S K Singh, Director, National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and Dr Vijay Hadda, Professor, Department of Pulmonary Medicines, AIIMS, New Delhi reviewed and discussed Covid-19 Control measures in Jammu division during which they provided their inputs & guided the administration in effectively preventing the spread of Covid-19 & better clinical management of positive cases. The Centre is continuously monitoring the evolving situation of Covid-19 in the UT and is lending all the necessary support in this regard.
3. A 24×7 COVID Control Room for redressal of the Grievances related to the COVID-19 positive patients admitted in the Associated Hospitals of Govt. Medical College, Jammu and Govt. Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu have been setup. Patients or attendants can call on these no.s for assistance 0191- 258 5444 (Control Room), Exchange: 0191-258 2626 / 258 5542 / 258 4290 /258 4291 / 258 4292 / 258 4293/ 258 4294.
4. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others, frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap & water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
5. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
6. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.