1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 1036 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 563 from Jammu Division and 473 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 1158 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals 720 from Jammu Division and 438 from Kashmir Division. Also 23 COVID-19 deaths have been reported 14 from Jammu Division and 09 from Kashmir Division (21 September 2020; upto 5:00 PM).
2. The Central Government is continuously monitoring the evolving situation of Covid-19 in the Union Territory and is providing all the necessary support in effectively containing the spread of Covid-19 & better clinical management of positive cases.
3. A 24×7 COVID Control Room for redressal of the Grievances related to the COVID-19 positive patients admitted in the Associated Hospitals of Govt. Medical College, Jammu and Govt. Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu have been setup. Patients or attendants can call on these no.s for assistance 0191- 258 5444 (Control Room), Exchange: 0191-258 2626 / 258 5542 / 258 4290 /258 4291 / 258 4292 / 258 4293/ 258 4294.
4. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others, frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap & water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
5. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
6. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
7. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, follow COVID appropriate behaviour, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
8. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.