1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. 249 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday. 126 from Jammu Division and 123 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 369 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals 203 from Jammu Division and 166 from Kashmir Division. Also 06 COVID-19 deaths have been reported. 04 from Jammu Division and 02 from Kashmir Division (26 December 2020; upto 5:00 PM).
2. The Central Government is continuously monitoring the evolving situation of Covid-19 in the Union Territory and is providing all the necessary support in effectively containing the spread of COVID-19 & better clinical management of positive cases.
3. For the residents of J&K. under National Tele-consultation Service, free general OPD services by Specialists/ MBBS Doctors have been started. People can avail these services from home by registering online on wcbportal https://csanicevaniopd.in/. The services are available Monday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. People can also download & install esanjcevaniOPD app from google playstorc on their mobiles.
4. A 24×7 Rapid Antigen Testing facility for COVID-19 has been started outside the emergency of GMC Hospital Jammu .The facility is very useful for the segregation of patients in emergency wing of GMC Jammu.
5. A 24×7 COVID Control Room for redressal of the Grievances related to the COVID-19 positive patients admitted in the Associated Hospitals of Govt. Medical College, Jammu and Govt. Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu have been setup. Patients or attendants can call on these no.s for assistance (Control Room) 0191- 258 5444 / 258 2355 / 258 2356. GMC Exchange: 0191-258 2626 / 258 5542 / 258 4290 /258 4291 / 258 4292 / 258 4293/ 258 4294.
6. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet from others, frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap & water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
7. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
8. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.