J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19. 08 May 2020.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19.
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Date: 08 /05/ 2020
1. In Union Tenitoiy of Jammu & Kashmir. 30 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, all from Kashmir Division. Moreover. 29 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals. 01 from Jammu Division & 28 from Kashmir Division. (08 May. 2020; upto 5:30 PM).
2. People should not discriminate or stigmatize any patient in the name of COVID-19. Do not stigmatise COVID-19 survivors as stigma affects the emotional and mental health of those stigmatized:
• Support and welcome them back home.
3. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and eveiyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.sand seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 ai their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for Disease.