J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 10th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 10th April.
Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Date: 10 /04/ 2020
1 In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir till date 46158 no. of travellers and persons in contact with suspected / positive cases have been put under surveillance. 7726 in Home Quarantine (including facilities operated by Govt.), 197 in Hospital Isolation, 415 in Hospital Quarantine, 27891 in Home surveillance. 9925 completed their 28 days surveillance period. Outcome of COVID-19 laboratory tests, 2754 negative, 207 tested positive (197 Active Positive, 06 recovered, 04 Deaths). (10 April, 2020; 5:00 PM).
2. People are requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, disclose recent travel history to COVID-19 affected countries and report any contact with positive cases voluntarily.
3. Smoking cigarettes/ bidis / kreteks/ sheesha/ hookah/ water pipes and
COVID-19 by transferring the virus by bringing hands to the mouth. Smoking damages lungs, heart and other body parts and may increase your risk of getting a severe case of COVID-19. Quit non. It’s never too late to quit.
4. People are reiterated to use Aarogya Setu mobile application developed by Government of India that uses Bluetooth and GPS to inform you when you might possibly be at risk of exposure. The users of the app are empowered with better information on the potential risk of infection, self- assessment tools and contextual advice. The app can be downloaded for Android on Google Play and iOS on Apple App Store.
5. General public is advised to avoid unnecessary visit to hospitals, in case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice prompdy. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialling toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
8. People must take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; and observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes.
9. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from
10. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government in this regard through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.