J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 13th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 13th April.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir till date 53679 no. of travelers and persons in contact with suspected / positive cases have been put under surveillance, 8581 in Home Quarantine (including facilities operated by Govt.). 250 in Hospital Isolation. 354 in Hospital Quarantine. 30634 in Home surveillance. 13856 completed their 28 days surveillance period. Outcome of COVID-19 laboratory tests. 3795 negative. 270 tested positive (250 Active Positive, 16 recovered. 04 Deaths). 25 new positive cases have been reported from UT since our last update, and all are from Kashmir Division. Moreover 10 more patients have recovered today. 04 are from Kashmir Division (2 SKIMS Soura. 2 JLNM Srinagar) & 06 from Jammu Division (CD Hospital Jammu) (13 April. 2020; 6:00 PM).
2. People are requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, disclose recent travel history to COVID-19 affected countries and report any contact with positive cases voluntarily.
3. Due to changes in the bodies and immune systems of women during pregnancy, they can be badly affected by some respiratory infections. It is therefore important that they take precautions to protect themselves against COVID-19. and report possible symptoms (including fever, cough or difficulty breathing) to their healthcare provider.
Pregnant women and women who have recently delivered including those affected by COVID-19 should attend their routine antenatal & postnatal appointments.
4. General public is advised to avoid unnecessary visit to hospitals, in case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on COVID-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
5. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
6. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell). 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For
Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-243058 KF’or Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
7. People must take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; and observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes. Wear mask or face cover while moving out of your home.
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
9. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government in this regard through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.