J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 14th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 14th April.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COV1D-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir 08 new positive cases have been reported, 02 from Jammu Division and 06 from Kashmir Division since our last update yesterday. Moreover 14 more patients have recovered today from Kashmir Division and discharged from CD Hospital Srinagar & SKIMS Soura (14 April, 2020; 6:00 PM).
2. Hon’ble Prime Minister today in his address to the Nation has sought support of people in following 7 things, people are requested to follow the same for containment of COVID-19.
> Take special care of the elderly in your homes, especially those who have chronic disease. We have to take extra care of them, and keep them safe from Novel Coronavirus.
> Completely adhere to the ‘Lakshman Rekha’ of Lockdown and Social Distancing. Please also use homemade face-covers or masks without fail.
> Follow the instructions issued by AYUSH ministry to enhance your immunity. Regularly consume warm water, ‘kadha’.
> Download the Arogya Setu Mobile App to help prevent the spread of corona infection. Inspire others to download the app as well.
> Take as much care of poor families as you can. Especially try to fulfill their food requirements.
> Be compassionate towards the people who work with you in your business or industry. Do not deprive them of their livelihood.
> Pay utmost respect to our nation’s Corona Warriors – our doctors and nurses, sanitation workers and police force.
3. People are requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, disclose recent travel history to COVID-19 affected countries and report any contact with positive cases voluntarily. Follow the rules of lockdown with utmost sincerity until 3rd May 2020.
4. General public is advised to avoid unnecessary visit to hospitals, in case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on COVID-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
5. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick
infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
6. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
7. People must take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; and observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes. Wear mask or face cover while moving out of your home.
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
9. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.