J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 15th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 15th April.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 22 new positive eases have been reported since our last update yesterday. 04 from Jammu Division and 18 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 06 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged today 04 from SKIMS. Soura and 02 from DH Pulwama.(l5 April. 2020:6:00 PM)
2. All responsible citizens arc advised to understand that:
• Although COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease which spreads fast and can infect any one of us. we can protect ourselves through social distancing, taking basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes and wearing mask or face cover while moving out.
• Despite all precautions, if anybody catches the infection, it is not their fault. In situation of distress, the patient and the family need support and cooperation. It must be noted that most people recover from it. and those who have recovered from COVID-19 should not face discrimination.
• Healthcare workers including doctors, nurses, allied & healthcare professionals arc rendering their services tirelessly to provide care and medical / clinical support in this situation of crisis. Sanitary workers and police are also doing selfless serv ice and playing critical roles in addressing the challenge of COVID-19. They all deserve our support, praise, and appreciation.
• All those directly involved in the management of COVID-19 arc equipped with appropriate protective equipment to keep them safe from the infection.
• Targeting essential services providers and their families will weaken our fight against COVID-19 and can prove grievously detrimental for the entire Nation.
3. People arc requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, disclose recent travel history to COVID-19 affected countries and report any contact with positive cases voluntarily. Follow the rules of lockdown with utmost sincerity until 3rd May 2020.
4. In ease of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick.
infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
5. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444. 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
6. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
7. People arc urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People arc advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.