J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19: 17 May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 17 May.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 62 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 16 from Jammu Division and 46 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 33 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals of Kashmir Division. Also 01 COVID-19 patient died today at Chest Disease Hospital, Srinagar. (17 May, 2020; upto 8:00 PM).
2. Spitting in public places is a public nuisance and spreads COVID-19 infection. People are therefore advised to quit chewing tobacco and pan masala for a safer and better health. To Quit Tobacco Call Toll free National Tobacco Quit Line 1800112356 or Give a Missed Call at 011-22901701.
3. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others and frequently cleaning your hands with an alcohol based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
6. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
7. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
8. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease.