J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 18th April:
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 18th April:
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 13 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday and all are from Kashmir Division. Moreover 09 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged today 05 from CD Hospital Srinagar and 04 from SKIMS Soura. (18 April, 2020; upto 6:00 PM).
2. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease and can affect any of us, but we can protect ourselves. People are therefore requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes and wearing mask or face cover while moving out of their homes.
3. People are advised that when going for essential grocery shopping, keep at least 2 metre distance from others and avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose. If possible, sanitise the handles of shopping trolleys or baskets before shopping. Once home, wash your hands thoroughly and also after handling and storing your purchased products.
4. People are advised not to consume Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) medicine without medical advice as it may have adverse effects on your health. HCQ is a prescription medicine and its sale is totally prohibited without a valid prescription by a doctor.
5. People must avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough. In case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
9. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.