J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirus COVID19: 19 May.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COV1D-19)
Date: 19 /05/ 2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 28 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 06 from Jammu Division and 22 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 38 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals 02 from Jammu Division and 36 from Kashmir Division. Also 01 COVID-19 patients died today at SKIMS, Soura, Srinagar. (19 May, 2020; upto 7:00 PM).
2. Public in general is informed that, use of gloves in public spaces is not a recommended or proven prevention measure against COVID-19;
• Wearing gloves in public spaces does not replace the need for hand hygiene, nor does it offer any additional measure of protection against the COVID-19 virus than hand hygiene.
• Gloves do not provide complete protection against hand contamination, as pathogens may gain access to the hands via small defects in gloves or by contamination of the hands during glove removal.
• People can also transfer pathogens from one surface to another by touching with gloved hands or even transfer pathogens to the mouth, nose, or eyes if they touch their face with gloved hands.
3. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
4. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.