J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 19th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 19th April.
Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territoiy of Jammu & Kashmir. 09 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday 01 Ifom Jaminu Division & 08 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 05 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged today from JLNM Hospital Srinagar. (19 April, 2020; upto 6:00 PM).
2. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Gol has issued advisory against spraying of disinfectants such as Sodium hypochlorite on people to disinfect them for COVID-19 management. According to the advisory;
• Spraying of individuals or groups is NOT recommended under any
disinfectants is physically and psychologically harmful.
• Even if a person is potentially exposed with the COVID-19 virus, spraying the external part of the body does not kill the virus that has entered the body. Also there is no scientific evidence to suggest that they are effective even in disinfecting the outer clothing /body in an effective
• Spraying of chlorine on individuals can lead to irritation of eyes and skin and potentially gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and vomiting. Inhalation of sodium hypochlorite can lead to irritation of mucous membranes to the nose, throat, respiratory tract and may also cause hronchospasm.
• Addifionally, use of such measures may in feet lead to a false sense of disinfection & safety and actually hamper public observance to hand washing and social distancing measures.
3. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease and can affect any of us, but we can
sneezing etiquettes and wearing mask or face cover while moving out of their homes.
4. People must avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough. In case promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if
5. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
6. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
7. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time 8. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.