J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19: 1st May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 1st May.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. 25 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, all from Kashmir Division. Moreover, 31 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals of Kashmir Division. (01 May 2020: upto 4:30 PM)
2. People are informed that wearing masks protect you & your family members from the COVID-19 infection:
• Masks lower the chances of coronavirus entering the respiratory system through droplets still in the air from an infected person when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales.
• While wearing a mask ensure that the mask fits around your mouth and nose and there is no gap between your face and the mask.
• Homemade face cover is good for maintaining personal hygiene. Do not share your face covers with any one. If you arc living in a family of several members, ensure each member has their own separate face cover.
• Masks arc effective only when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
3. Early detection of C’OVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In ease of symptoms like fever, cough anti difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
4. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent handwashing.
5. All social, religious and other gatherings are strictly prohibited.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075 J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division). 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) .