J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirus COVID19: 2 May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirusCOVID19: 2 May.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Date: 02 /05/ 2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 27 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 02 from Jammu Division and 25 from Kashmir Division. Moreover. 07 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals of Kashmir Division. (02 May, 2020; upto 4:00 PM)
2. People are advised to follow the rules of lockdown with utmost sincerity that has been extended, further for a period of two weeks w.c.f. 4th May 2020.
3. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. Be active at home during the lockdown, it’s important to stay active every day as much as you can. World Health Organisation recommends that at all healthy adults do 30 minutes > day of physical activity, and children should be physically active for 1 hour / day.
5. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In ease of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
6. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent handwashing.
7. All social, religious and other gatherings are strictly prohibited.
8. In ease of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
9. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease.
10. Public is advised to strictly follow- the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.