J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19: 22nd April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 22nd April.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. 27 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday and all are from Kashmir Division. Moreover II more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged, 6 from District Hospital Pulwama, 3 from SKIMS Soura, and 2 from Chest Disease Hospital Srinagar. (22 April. 2020; upto 6:00 PM).
2. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease and can affect any of us, but we can protect ourselves. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. People are therefore requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes and wearing mask or face cover while moving out of their homes.
3. A Tele-Survey covering about 2 crore phones across the Country is being carried out by NIC.
General Public is informed that
• The call will be coming into mobile phones from the calling number 1921.
• Call is enabled in 1VRS at number 1921.
• 1921 facility will come in handy for people who can / are not using smart phones and are contacting through landlines or feature phones.
• People are informed that it is a genuine survey and are requested to participate in good measure when a call comes in from 1921 to enable proper feedback of the prevalence.
• Please be aware of any other calls by pranksters or phishing/fishing attempts from any other number.
4. People must avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough. In case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if
5. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
6. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell). 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division). 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.