J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19: 23rd April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 23rd April.
Government of Union Territory of
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 20 new positive cases have been reported Division. (23 April, 2020; upto 5:00 PM).
2. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease and can affect any of us, but we can protect ourselves. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. People are therefore requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand
mask or face cover while moving out of their homes.
3. Let’s express our gratitude towards the healthcare service personnel and not harass them. Discrimination, harassment and physical violence against healthcare service personnel and damage to property during epidemics is punishable under the Epidemic Disease (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020. In case of grievous injuries, the
1 lakh to Rs 5 lakhs.
4. People must avoid close contact with anyone drat has fever and cough. In case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
5. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
6. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
7. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to
8. People are utged to rely only on the infonnation released by die government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.