J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirus COVID19: 26th April.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirusCOVID19:
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Date: 26 /04/ 2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 29 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday and all are from Kashmir Division. Moreover 25 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged. 10 from SKIMS Bernina. 05 from JLNM Hospital Srinagar, 02 CMC Kupwara and 08 from Chest Disease Hospital Jammu. (26 April. 2020; upto 4:00 PM).
2. Hon’blc Prime Minister in his address today in ‘Mann Ki Baat* informed that to facilitate selfless endeavour of people towards the country, the government has come up with a Digital Platform covidwarriors.gov.in. Through the medium of this platform, the government has linked volunteers of social organizations, representatives of civil society and local administration with each other. These people arc of immense help at the local level in preparing Crisis Management Plans and implementing them. You too can join and be a Covid warrior and serve the country.
3. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent handwashing.
4. All social, religious and other gatherings are strictly prohibited.
5. People must avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough. In case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell). 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444. 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
8. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
9. People arc urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.