J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 27 May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19 26 May.
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 162 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 38 from Jammu Division and 124 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 21 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals, 05 from Jammu Division and 16 from Kashmir Division. Also 02 COVID-19 deaths have been reported from Kashmir Division. (27 May, 2020; upto 8:00 PM).
2. Public is urged to maintain Social distancing as it is the Key to stop and prevent the spread of COVID-19 from those who are infected to those who are not infected;
• Reduce physical contact with others, keep at least 2-meter distance between yourself and others, when you are out. The more space between you and others, the harder it is for virus to spread.
• Many people with COVID-19 don’t develop/show any symptoms and don’t feel unwell, that is why it is important to practice social distancing at all times to avoid contact with someone who is infected but not showing any symptoms.
• For practicing social distancing, we should avoid having guests/neighbours visit our homes to reduce the risk of infection transmission.
3. Asa measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.