J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirus COVID19 3 May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel coronavirusCOVID19 3 May.
Date: 03 /05/ 2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 35 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 01 from Jammu Division and 34 from Kashmir Division. Moreover. 33 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals. 02 from Jammu Division & 31 from Kashmir Division. (03 May, 2020; upto 5:30 PM)
2. To minimize the risk of getting infected with Novel Coronavirus. people arc advised to follow Social Distancing which is one of the most effective precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. By keeping at least 2-meter distance from others, people can fairly limit the direct transmission of COVID-19 Pandemic.
3. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. People arc informed that Stigma around COVID-19 can discourage people to take necessary steps to fight the virus. Break the stigma;
• Encourage patients to come forward for COVID-19 testing if they develop symptoms, as early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease.
• Not disclosing symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing could put life of individuals and their families at risk.
• In case of symptoms report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap and water.
6. All social, religious and other gatherings are strictly prohibited.
7. In ease of any emergency people can avail free ambulance serv ices 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
8. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease.