J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19: 30 May.
J&K Media Bulletin on Novel CoronavirusCOVID19: 30 May.
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 177 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 52 from Jammu Division and 125 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 33 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals, 16 from Jammu Division and 17 from Kashmir Division. (30 May, 2020; upto 5:30 PM).
2. Public in general is informed that smokers are at higher risk of COVID-19 infection , Stop Smoking now;
• The act of smoking means that fingers (and possibly contaminated cigarettes) are in contact with lips which increase the possibility of transmission of virus from hand to mouth.
• Smokers may also already have lung disease or reduced lung capacity which would greatly increase risk of serious illness.
• Smoking products such as water pipes often involve the sharing of mouth pieces and hoses, which could facilitate the transmission of COVID-19.
• Conditions that increase oxygen needs or reduce the ability of the body to use it properly will put patients at higher risk of serious lung conditions such as pneumonia.
3. People are informed that, the best way to protect themselves from COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others, frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap & water and following good respiratory etiquettes & hygiene.
4. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
5. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
6. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.