Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Vims (COVID-19)
Date: 07 /05/ 2020
1 In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. 18 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday. 03 from Jammu Division and 15 from Kashmir Division Moreover, 13 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals of Kashmir Division. (07 May. 2020: upto 5:30 PM).
2 Public is urged to maintain Social distancing as it is the Key to stop and prevent the spread of COVID-19 from those who are infected to those who are not infected
• Reduce physical contact with others, keep at least 2-mctcr distance between yourself and others, when you arc out. flic more space between you and others, the harder it is for virus to spread
• Many people with COY’ID-19 don’t develop show any symptoms and don’t Iccl unwell, that is why it is important to practice social distancing at all times to avoid contact with someone who is infected but not showing any symptoms
• For practicing social distancing, we should avoid having guests / neighbours visit our homes to reduce the risk of infection transmission
3. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors If you have to move out tor unavoidable reasons, ensure that you w ear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap and water.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing loll free No. 102
7. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell). 0191-2520982. 0191-2674444. 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division). 0194-2440283 «& 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division).