SHRI AMARNATH JI YATRA 2019.
SCHEDULED DATE 1st July 2019 – 15th August 2019
A. Jammu-Pahalgam-Holy Cave
B. Jammu-Baltal-Holy Cave
ONLINE HELICOPTER SERVICE BOOKING FOR YATRA 2019
Global Vectra Helicorp Limited
Himalaya Heli Services Pvt. Ltd.
On Pahalgam-Panjtarni-Pahalgam Sector
UTair India Pvt. Ltd.
SHRI AMARNATH JI SHRINE BOARD
2nd Floor, Block- III, Engineering Complex, Raj Bagh Srinagar, 190008 May to October
Phone No.: +91-194-2313146,2313147,2313148,2313)
SHRI AMARNATH JI YATRA 2019
1. The Pilgrimage to Holy Cave of Shri Amarnathji involves trekking at altitudes as high as 14000 feet.
2. Yatris may develop High Altitude Sickness with following symptoms: loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, dizziness, lightheadedness and difficulty in sleeping, visual impairment, bladder dysfunction, bowl dysfunction, loss of coordination of movements, paralysis on one side of the body, gradual loss of consciousness and mental status changes, drowsiness, chest tightness, fullness, congestion, fast breathing and increased heart rate.
3. If high altitude sickness is not treated timely, it may be lethal in a matter of hours.
Dos for prevention of High Altitude Sickness.
1. Do prepare for the Yatra by achieving Physical Fitness – it is advisable to start a preparatory Morning/ Evening walk, about 4-5 km per day, at least a month prior to the Yatra.
2. Start deep breathing exercise and Yoga, particularly pranayam for improving oxygen efficiency of the body.
3. Do check with your physician prior to travelling to higher elevations, if you have any existing pre-existing medical conditions.
4. Do walk slowly while ascending and take time to acclimatize-, relax for a short while on steep inclines.
5. Do avoid exerting beyond your normal capacity.
6. Do take compulsory rest at various locations and ensure time logging and take ideal walking time mentioned on the display boards while moving towards next location.
7. Do check with your physician prior to taking any medications.
8. Do drink lots of water to combat dehydration and headaches – about 5 liters of fluid per day.
9. Do follow the prescribed food menu – available at Shrine Board’s website, Shriamarnathjishrine.com – when having food in the Yatra area.
10. Do consume plenty of carbohydrates to reduce fatigue and prevent low blood sugar levels.
11. Do bring portable oxygen with you as it is helpful in case you have difficulty in breathing.
12. Do descend immediately to a lower elevation, if you start having altitude illness symptoms.
13 In case there is any change in the status of your health after having obtained Compulsory Health Certificate some weeks earlier, do consult your doctor before embarking on the pilgrimage.
14. In case of any signs of high altitude sickness or any other discomfort, immediately contact the nearest medical facility located at every 2 kms.
Don’ts for prevention of High Altitude Illness.
1. Don’t ignore the symptoms of high altitude illness.
2. Don’t drink alcohol, caffeinated drink, or smoke.
3. Don’t ascend any further if you have altitude illness. Instead,
descend immediately to an elevation where you can acclimatize.
4. Don’t accept everything a sick Yatri says since his/ her judgment is impaired.
SHRI AMARNATH JI YATRA 2019
Do’s and Don’ts to be followed by the Yatris
Do’s for the Yatris
1. Do carry sufficient woolen clothing as the temperature may sometimes abruptly fall to below 5 degree Celsius.
2. Do carry umbrella, wind cheater, raincoat, and waterproof shoes as the weather in the Yatra area is unpredictable.
3. Do keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag to avoid your belongings getting wet.
4. Do keep in your pocket a note containing the name / address, mobile telephone number of any Yatri proceeding for Darshan on the same date as you are doing, for emergency purposes.
5. Do carry your identity card / driving license and Yatra permit with you.
6. Do travel in a group, with porters / horses / ponies carrying your luggage.
7. Do ensure that all those comprising the group remain in your sight, lest you are separated from your group.
8. On your journey home, you must leave the Base Camps along with all other members of your group.
9. Do seek immediate assistance of the Police in case any member of your group is missing. Also have an announcement made on the Public Address System at the Yatra Camp.
10. Do help your fellow Yatris travelling with you and perform Yatra with a pious mind.
11. Do strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration, from time to time.
12. For any assistance, contact SASB Camp Directors / nearest Yatra Control room.
13. In case of any accident or emergent situation, immediately contact the nearest Camp Director / Mountain Rescue] Teams (MRTs) deployed at various locations.
14. The gates of Access Control at Domel and Chandanwari open at 05.00 am and close at 11.00 am. Reach the gates on time. No Yatri shall be allowed to undertake pilgrimage after the closure of the Gate.
15. Free food facility is available in the entire Yatra area at the Langars.
16. Do follow the prescribed Food Menu available on the Board’s website: www.shriamarnathjishrine.com while having food in the Yatra area.
17. Pre-paid SIM Cards from other States shall not work in J&K and Yatra area. Yatris can purchase pre-activated SIM Cards at the Base Camps of Baltal and Nunwan.
18. Earth, water, air, fire and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. Therefore respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to pollute the Yatra area.
19. Yatris are advised to start their journey early in the morning and cross Jawahar Tunnel before 3.30 PM.
Don’ts for the Yatris
1. For women Yatris: They must not wear sarees during the Yatra. Salwar kameez, pant-shirt or a track suit is advisable.
2. Women who are more than 6 week pregnant shall not be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage.
3. Children below 13 years in age and elderly persons above the age of 75 years shall not be permitted to undertake th
4. Don’t stop at places which are marked by warning notices. Walk only on the tracks.
5. Don’t walk barefoot or be without woolen clothing at any time as the temperature in the Yatra area remains low and changes abruptly.
6. Don’t use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Only wear trekking shoes with laces.
7. Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so is dangerous.
8. Don’t commence journey on an empty stomach. If you do so, you may attract a serious medical problem.
9. Don’t do anything during the entire Yatra which could cause pollution or disturb the environment of the area.
10. Do not bring with you any polythene material as its use is banned in J&K and is punishable under law.
11. Avoid throwing coins, currency notes, decorative chunnis, brass lotas or any other material towards the Shivlingam while having Darshans at the Holy Cave.
12. Do not stay at Holy Cave overnight in view of high altitude and harsh and unpredictable weather conditions.
13. Do not leave Panjtarni Camp towards Holy Cave after 3.00 PM as no darshan is allowed at Holy Cave after 6.00 PM.
14. Please visit the website of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board and watch the informative Video documentary to get familiarized with the difficulties to be faced on the Yatra route.