TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH RUN FOR
FUN( J&K POLICE MARATHON) SCHEDULED ON 19-04-2015
FROM 0530 HOURS TO 1030 HRS, STARTING FROM GULSHAN
GROUND UPTO BAGH -E- BAHU VIA QASIM NAGAR, SIDHRA
BRIDGE ORGANISED BY J&K POLICE
ROUTE:- RUN FOR FUN 42 KMs:- Gulshan Ground – Baghe Bahu Chowk- Quasim Nagar Turning National Highway- Forest Check Post- J&K Forest Department – Hill View Restaurant -Batra Hospital- Apka Apna Dhaba – Jamwal Shopping Complex -Sidhra Bridge -Turn Jammu City Bye-Pass – Circular road- D.C Office-Sher-e-Kashmir Bridge- Police Station Baghe Bahu.
ROUTE:- RUN FOR FUN 04 KMs:- Gulshan Ground – Bikram
Chowk – Green Belt Park Crossing -Surya Motor Chowk – Bahu
Palaza Chowk- Panama Chowk -Police Auditorium Gulahsn
The following parking slots have been identified for Participants:
i) MAM College.
ii) Hakku Stadium.
iii) University of Jammu (Fountain area).
iv) Zorawar Singh Auditorium.
v) Gulshan Ground Quarter Parking. General Instructions:
1. People coming from Old City via Bikram Chowk shall park
their vehicles in MAM College and University Jammu as mentioned above.
2. People coming from Panama Chowk, from Narwal via Qasim
Nagar shall park their vehicles in University Campus/Hakku Stadium.
3. People coming from Gandhi Nagar, Asia, and Satwari side
shall park their vehicles at Gulshan Ground Quarter Parking. Restriction of traffic/Diversions
1. Both the tubes of the NHW Bye Pass shall remain closed dur-
ing Marthon right from 500 hours upto 1030 hours.
2. The Traffic from Bikram Chowk, Panama Chowk, Bahu Fort,
towards University shall remain restricted from 0500 hours to 1030 hours in morning.
3. The vehicles coming from Punjab, Kathua shall be diverted
from Kaunjwani towards Satwari – B.C road for their destinations.
4. The vehicles coming from Udhampur, Katra shall be diverted
from TCP Nagrota towards Amphalla, BC Road, Fly Over -Satwar.
5. No vehicle shall be allowed to ply on NHW from Narwal to
Sidhra Bridge during Marathon time i.e. 530hours to 1030hours.
People are requested to cooperate with the traffic regulations so as to avoid any inconvenience to general public.
(Mohan Lai) KPS
Sr. Superintendent of Police,
Traffic City Jammu