TRAFFIC POLICE OFFICE CITY JAMMU
SUBJECT: PUBLICATION OF TRAFFIC /PARKING ARRANGEMENTS ON THE REPUBLIC DAY 2016
In view of forthcoming Republic Day 2016, the following traffic/parking arrangements are hereby made for the convenience of general public.
PARKING OUT SIDE CRICKET GROUND
All vehicles carrying parade contingents coming from Akhnoor and Talab Tillo side, will turn towards Commerce College, old University lane and shall enter from the rear gate of Science College and park their vehicles outside the cricket ground. Other such vehicles coming from South side will take Dogra Chowk, Jewel Chowk take turn towards Commerce College, Old University lane and shall enter from the rear gate of Science College and park their vehicles outside the cricket ground. Similarly vehicles carrying parade contingents coming from City North shall also be diverted towards Commerce College from where they shall be using Old Univ. Lane to reach Cricket ground.
PARTICIPANTS OF CULTURAL ITEMS AND OTHER STUDENTS VEHICLES:
PARKING AT BUS STAND
- Vehicles carrying participants of cultural items and other vehicle carrying students coming from Bikram Chowk Side will drop them at Dogra chowk and move towards Bus stand via Jewel Chowk and Saint Peter School for parking.
- Contingents and students vehicles coming from Akhnoor /Talab Tillo side will take turn from Bakshi Nagar Pulli to Bakshi Nagar Bazar, Maheshpura Chowk, Shakuntla Crossing, KC Crossing and drop them at Saint Peter School and take U- Turn for parking their vehicles in Bus Stand.
- Such vehicles coming from B.C road shall also drop the students at St. Peter School. Similarly vehicles coming from North of Jammu City shall also be diverted towards General Bus Stand for parking.
PARKING AT OLD UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
- All army vehicles coming from Bikram Chowk side will adopt fly over route wherefrom they will move towards MLA Hostel, Vigilance Rotary, Maheshpura Chowk, Bakshi Nagar Bazar, Bakshi Nagar Pulli and reach Canal Head. At Canal head they will take immediate right turn towards rear gate of Old University campus and shall park their vehicles in old University campus.
- All Army vehicles coming from Nagrota side shall be diverted from Shakuntla crossing towards Maheshpura Chowk, Bakshi Nagar Bazar, Bakshi Nagar Pulli, Canal Head. From Canal Head they will take immediate right turn towards rear gate of old University campus and shall park their vehicle inside old University campus.
- All Army Vehicles coming from Akhnoor side shall proceed towards Canal head from where they will take right turn toward rear gate of Old University Campus and shall park their vehicles in University campus.
VEHICLES OF GENERAL PUBLIC WITHOUT PASSES.
PARKING IN ONE TUBE OF ROAD OPPOSITE HOTEL FORTUNE RAVERA . EARLY TIMES OFFICE UP TO SAMADIYAN AND ST. PETER SCHOOL.
- Light vehicles belonging to general public coming from City South (South of river Tawi) intending to witness Republic day function and not carrying any pass will take turn from Chattri Point and move towards Green Belt Park-Panama Chowk-P/S Bagh-e-Bahu, Sher-i-Kashmir Bridge- Gujjar Nagar and these vehicles will be accommodated in one tube of in front of Hotel Fortune Ravera & Early Time office up to Samadiyan and JDA park opposite near early times office to the extent permitted by availability of space.
- Light vehicles belonging to general public coming from City North (North of river Tawi) intending to witness Republic day function and not carrying any pass will be allowed to park their vehicles in Saint Peter School to the extent permitted by availability of space.
PARKING AT DRY FRUIT MARKET. ADJACENT JDA PARKING AT JEWEL CROSSING
Escort vehicles accompanying protected persons will be parked at Dry Fruit Market and adjacent JDA Parking at Jewel crossing. All such escorts will detach at Dogra Chowk and will straight way go to the parking places via Vinayak Bazar. Similarly escort vehicles coming from Cana Road, B.C Road or City North (North of River Tawi) shall peel off at Jewel Chowk and park their vehicles inside Dry fruit Market/JDA (Parking Jewel Chowk VEHICLES ENGAGED BY CIVIL ADMINISTRATION.
- All ferry vehicles coming from City South (Bikran Chowk), Jammu shall drop the spectators at Dogra Chowk outside press club after taking a U-turn. From Dogra Chowk the spectators will move on foot whereas vehicles will go back towards City South and shall park the vehicles at Ware House.
- All ferry vehicles coming from Talab Tillo/Akhnoor road shall drop the spectator Canal Head. Spectator will move on foot from Canal Head. All Such vehicles shall be diverted back form Canal Head and will be parked on Bahagwati Nagar road, if required.
- All ferry vehicles coming from Nagrota side shall be allowed to move up to Bus Stand after dropping the spectators near St. Peter School will return and parked in Bus Stand, if required.
- All ferry vehicles coming form Gujjar Nagar side shall be diverted towards P/s Bagh-e-Bahu wherefrom they will take University road, PH Q Chowk and reach dogra Chowk. Such vehicles shall drop the spectators at Dogra Chowk and go back towards City South and shall be parked at Ware House.
- All ferry vehicles coming from Old City shall be diverted from Indira Chowk towards KC Crossing and from KC Crossing they will take left turn toward Bus stand where they will drop the spectators and will park at Bus stand itself or return back to Old City.
ALTERNATE ROUTE FOR VIPS ONLY
Manda – Mian Dedo Chowk – Rehari Chowk – Shakuntla- Vigilance Rotary- Fly over- Bikram Chowk -U-Turn from Bikram Chowk – Mandir Masjid – Dogra Chowk – M.A Stadium
- All the buses operating from Kathua and bound for Katra, Udhampur, Doda, Banihal, Srinagar will be diverted to Dhar Road from Samba-Naka Diversion. However, the local buses coming form kathua towards Jammu shall terminate at Ware House via Hotel Asia and shall use the same route for back journey.
- All Jammu Bound Buses operating from S. Pura will also operate and terminate at Ware House.
- All Mini Buses coming from Akhnoor, Marh, Gohmanasa, Mishriwalla, Jhiri, Bantalab, Muthi towards Jammu will terminate at Bakshi Nagar Pulli. Buses will however, terminate at Toph bridge.
- All Buses /Mini buses operating from Udhampur, Katra, Kishtwar, Doda, Nagrota and bound for Jammu will terminate at Nagrota Bye Pass or diverted towards Bye Pass- Sidhra, Narwal till 1300 hours.
- All mini buses coming from Janipur side shall operate from and terminate at Amphalla.
- All Buses and Mini buses coming from Bari Brahmana, Bishnah, Gangyal, Sainik Colony, Satwari, Chatha,Miran Sahib, Shastri Nagar, Trikuta Nagar, Gandhi Nagar shall be diverted from Green Belt park for back journey.
- Mini buses coming from Anand Nagar, Bohri, Talab Tillo shall adopt Canal Head, Bakshi Nagar Pulli and shall take
SAME ROUTE FOR RETURN JOURNEY.
- All trucks/load carriers coming from Samba shall be diverted from Kunjwani Bye Pass towards Narwal Chowk. Similarly trucks/Load carriers coming from Sringagar, Doda, Udhampur shall also be diverted towards Narwal Bye Pass.
- All Inter State/Tourist Buses coming from outside State shall be diverted towards Kunjwani for Transport Nagar Narwal.
People who intend to go from City North towards Railway Station/Airport or South side of Jammu city to
ATTEND TO AN EMERGENCY CAN ADOPT THE ROUTE FROM INDIRA CHOWK, MOVE THROUGH JP CHOWK, VlVEKANAND CHOWK
towards Gujjar Nagar Bridge or use other alternative route from Panjtirthi to Circular Road towards Gujjar Nagar and vice versa. Same routes can be adopted by people willing to go from South to North side in any emergency. Moreover, people who intend to go Akhnoor, Talab Tillo, Paloura etc can adopt 4th Tawi Bridge via Bhagwati Nager, Canal head in case of any emergency.
- Fly Over (Arterial Express Way) both the tubes.
- Jewel Chowk to P Chowk via Vinayak Bazar
(Mohan Lai), KPS
DIP/J-8542 Sr. Superintendent of Police,
Dated: 20.01.2016 Traffic City Jammu