OFFICE OF THE DEAN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU, JAMMU
Website: www.jammuuniversity.in Ph.: 2456892 EPABX:2117, 2305
Admission to the various programmes of study of the University of Jammu, Jammu / Campuses / Affiliated Colleges
It is hereby notified for the information of all concerned that admission to the various academic programmes of the University of Jammu, Jammu / Offsite Campuses/ Affiliated Colleges for the Academic Session 2015-16 shall be made on the basis of Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET).
1. The Entrance Test (JUET) shall be held for admission in the following subjects:
a- PG PROGRAMMES: Biochemistry (Self-Financing). Biotechnology (NRI/Self-Financing), Botany, Buddhist Studies, Chemistry, Commerce (M.Com), Computer Science & IT (MCA), Dogri, Economics, Economics (Specialization in Public Policy), Education, Electronics, English, Environmental Sciences, Food Science & Technology, Geography, Applied Geology, Geology (Hydrology And Soil Dynamics), Hindi, History, Home Science (Human Dev.), Human Genetics (Self-Financing Course), Information Technology (M.Sc IT), Kashmiri, Law (LL.B – 3 Years Professional), M.Ed.. M.Lib.l.Sc, M.REd, Mathematics, Microbiology (Self-Financing Course), Music, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Remote Sensing & GIS (Self-Financing Course), Rural Development, Sanskrit. Sericulture, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu, Zoology.
b. PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES: Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM). Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA), Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education, PG Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management.
c. UG PROGRAMMES; B. Com (Honours), B.B.A. (Hotel Management). B.Lib.l.Sc. B.REd, Law (B.A.LLB-5years).
2. There shall be a common paper for all the programmes comprising of 150 objective type questions of one mark each and the duration for the entrance test shall be 2 hours. The contents of the paper and weightage shall be:
a. General English 40 questions
b. General Knowledge 40 questions
c. Reasoning 40 questions
d. Numeric Ability 30 questions
3. For every wrong answer there shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
4. No candidate securing less than 30% marks for general category and 25% for SC/ST category candidates shall be eligible for admission.
5. There shall be two question papers for JUET-2015, one for the candidate appearing after 12th class and other for the candidates appearing after graduation.
6. The level of numerical ability shall be of 10th standard only for both the question papers.
7. The level of test for other components shall be of 12th standard in case of candidate appearing after 12th class and graduation standard forthe candidates appearing after graduation,
8. JUET shall be conducted only for screening the candidates for admission to various programmes. Successful candidates of JUET shall be admitted purely on the basis of the academic merit in their qualifying examinations.