OFFICE OF THE DEAN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU, JAMMU
Websites: http//www. jammu university, in / www.juet2015.in Phone/Fax.: 0191-2456892, 2435259 Extn. 2301
JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET-2015)
It is notified for the information of all concerned that the admission to various academic programmes of the University of Jammu / Offsite Campuses / Affiliated Colleges for the Academic Session 2015-16 shall be made on the basis of JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET) which shall be conducted only for screening the candidates for admission to various programmes. Successful candidates of JUET shall be admitted purely on the basis of the Academic Merit in their qualifying examinations.
- 1. The Entrance Test (JUET) shall be held for admission in the following subjects:
- PG PROGRAMMES: Biochemistry (Self-Financing), Biotechnology (NRI/Self-Financing), Botany. Buddhist Studies, Chemistry, Commerce (M.Com), Computer Science & IT (MCA), Dogri, Economics, Economics (Specialization in Public Policy), Education, Electronics, English, Environmental Sciences, Food Science & Technology, Geography, Applied Geology, Geology (Hydrology & Soil Dynamics), Hindi, History, Home Science (Human Dev.). Human Genetics (Self-Financing Course), Information Technology ( M.Sc IT), Kashmiri, Law (LLB – 3 Years Professional), M.Ed., M.Lib.l.Sc, M.P.Ed, Mathematics, Microbiology (Self-Financing Course), Music, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Remote Sensing & GIS (Self-Financing Course), Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sericulture, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu. Zoology.
- PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES: Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM), Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA), Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management.
- UG PROGRAMMES: B. Com (Honours), B.A. English (Honours), B.B.A. (Hotel Management), B.Lib.l.Sc, B.P.Ed, Law (B.A. LLB-5 years).
- There shall be a common paper for all the programmes comprising of 150 objective type questions of one mark each and the duration for the Entrance Test shall be 2 Y* hours. The components of the question paper and weightage shall be:
a.) General English 40 questions b.) General Knowledge 40 questions
c.) Reasoning 40 questions d.) Numerical Ability 30 questions
- For every wrong answer there shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- No candidate securing less than 30% marks for general category and 25% for SC/ST category shall be eligible for admission.
- There shall be two question papers for JUET-2015, one for the candidates seeking admission to Under Graduate Programme and the otherforthe candidates seeking admission to the Post Graduate Programme.
- The level of numerical ability shall be of 10” standard only for both the question papers. The level of test for other components shall be of 12′” standard in case of candidates appearing after 12^ class and graduation standard for the candidates appearing after graduation.
- Centres for Examinations: JUET shall be conducted at the following Centres: 1) Jammu 2) Kathua 3) Udhampur 4) Kishtwar 5) Bhaderwah 6) Rajouri 7) Poonch 8) Srinagar 9) Leh
NOTE: THE EXAMINATION CENTRE ONCE OPTED BYTHECANDIDATESHALLNOTBECHANGEDATTHELATER STAGE.
- Fee for the Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) to be charged from each candidate is Rs. 600/- for General Category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/ST (Leh & Kargil). The candidate desirous to be considered under Self-Financing Seats has to pay additional Rs. 500/-alongwith the requisite Entrance Fee. Mode of Payment: Through Jammu & Kashmir Bank Challan.
Issuance of Admission-cum-lnformation Brochures at designated counters and online submission of JUET application form on Website: www.juet2015.in
Last date of issuance of Admission-cum-lnformation Brochures at designated counters and online submission of JUET application form.
Last date of issuance of Admission-cum-lnformation Brochures at designated counters and online submission of JUET application form (with late fee of Rs. 90/-).
Downloading of JUET Admit Card/s from the website: www.juet2015.in 18-06-2015 to 24-06-2015
Date of Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)
25-06-2015 (10 am to 12:30 pm)
Publication of Answer Key for JUET-2015
Last date for online and offline complaints with proper evidence regarding the mistakes/ discrepancy in the question paper or Answer Key.
29-06-2015 upto 4:00 pm
- Date of declaration of JUET Result.
NOTE: i) The candidates pursuing B.Ed are eligible to appear in JUET-2015 provided their annual exams and final teaching practice is completed.
- ii) The University shall provide amanuensis to the Blind Candidates. However, the request in this regard shall be made to the Dean Academic Affairs, atleast two weeks priorto the conduct of JUET
iii) ‘Designated Branches of J&K Bank for purchase of JUET-2015 Brochure:
- Jammu: New Campus University of Jammu, Gandhi Nagar, Talab Tillo & Shalamar Branches. 2. Kathua: Main Branch 3. Udhampur: Main Branch 4. Bhaderwah: Main Branch 5. Kishtwar: Main Branch 6. Rajouri: Main Branch 7. Poonch Main Branch 8. Srinagar: Kashmir Univ. Campus. Hazratba! 9. Leh: Main Branch 10. Kargil: Main Branch
The candidates will be required to first purchase JUET 2015 Brochure from designated Jammu & Kashmir Bank Counters mentioned above and then apply online using the Brochure No through website: www.juet2015.in. Online submission of application can exclusively be done through our website: www.juet2015.in. Once application form is submitted online, the system will generate a challan form pre-printed with the candidate’s details, the candidates are required to pay the requisite fee at any of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Branch through offline mode. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan, the process for the online application will be completed. The application will be rejected if the payment is not deposited through auto generated challan within the specified time period and there will be no issuance of Admit Card in this case. The candidates are advised to go through the Admission-cum-lnformation Brochure thoroughly and check eligibility/other details before filling the online Application Forms.
For further details candidates must contact Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs), University of Jammu, Jammu-180006personallyorthrough Phone No: 0191-2456892,0191-2435259 Extn. 2301,2305,2018.