Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET-2019).
It is hereby notified for the information of all concerned that the Admission to the various Academic Programmes of the University of Jammu i.e. the Main Campus/ the Offsite Campuses and the Affiliated Colleges for the Academic Session 2019-20 shall be made on the basis of the Composite Merit comprising the Academic Score and the JUET Score.
The following be noted:
- Appearance of a Candidate in JUET is mandatory for seeking Admission to all such Courses/ Programmes of the University of Jammu which come in the ambit of Non appearance of a Candidate in JUET will render a Candidate ineligible for Admission.
- The JUET-2019 shall be held for seeking Admission to the following Courses/ Programmes:
- Post Graduate (PG) Programmes: Biochemistry; Biotechnology ; Botany; Buddhist Studies; Chemistry; Commerce (M.Com); Computer Science & IT (MCA); Dogri; Economics; Education; Electronics; English; Environmental Sciences; Geography; Applied Geology; Hindi; History; Home Science (Human Dev.); Human Genetics ; Information Technology (M.Sc IT- Kishtwar Campus only); Kashmiri (Kishtwar Campus only); Law (LL.B-3 Year Professional); M.Ed.; B.Lib.I.Sc.; M.Lib.I.Sc; B.P.Ed; M.P.Ed; Mathematics; Microbiology; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Punjabi; Remote Sensing & GIS ; Rural Development; Sanskrit; Sericulture; Sociology; Statistics; Urdu & Zoology.
- Post Graduate (PG) Diploma Programmes: PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM); PG Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA-Kishtwar Campus only); PG Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education; PG Diploma in Bioinformatics & PG Diploma in Composite Culture Management.
- Under Graduate (UG) Programmes: Com. Honours (Bhaderwah Campus Only); B.B.A. (Hotel Management) & Law (B.A.LLB-5years).
- There shall be two set of Question Papers- one set for the PG Programmes and the other set for the UG Programmes. Each Question Paper shall comprise 150 objective type questions of one mark each. The Duration of the Entrance Test shall be 2 1/2
The contents and the weightage of both the Papers i.e. the PG as well as the UG shall be as under:
- General English 40 questions
- Knowledge 40 questions
- Reasoning 40 questions
- Numerical Ability 30 questions
The level of test for the Numerical Ability shall be 10th standard for both the set of Question Papers. However, for the other components, the level of test shall be 12th standard for the UG Programmes and Graduation for the PG Programmes.
(a) For every wrong answer there shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
(b) The Composite Merit of a Candidate at the time of Admission shall be calculated as per the weightage given below:
i) Academic Merit of the qualifying examination 75%
ii) JUET 25%
- Centres/Places for JUET:
JUET-2019 shall be conducted at the following Centres/Places:
- i) Jammu
NOTE : The Examination Centre once opted by a Candidate shall not be changed at a later stage.
- The fee for the Jammu University Entrance Test i.e. JUET is 850/- except for the SC/ ST Category Candidates for whom the fee isRs.730/-.
- Guidelines forfilling up of the Online Application Form for JUET:
Candidates will be required to apply only Online through the website: www.juet.in. Once the JUET Application form is submitted Online, the system will generate a Challan, where after, the Candidates are required to pay the requisite fee either through the Online mode (Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking etc.) OR through a Bank Challan at any of the designated Branches* of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. The Candidates can collect a hard copy of the Brochure for JUET-2019 from the J&K Bank Ltd. after the payment of the requisite fee. It is only on the payment of the requisite fee that the process for the Online Application will be completed.
NOTE: No Application shall be accepted without the payment of the requisite fee beyond the notified period and in such cases the Admit Card shall not be issued. The risk and responsibility in such a case shall lie with the concerned Candidate.
SCHEDULE OF THE JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST JUET 2019
Date of the Notification for the Jammu University Entrance Test May 05,2019
Commencement of the filling of the Online JUET Application forms on the website: www.juet.in NOTE: Acceptance of the offline fee at the designated Branches* of the J&K Bank shall commence w.e.f. May 16,2019. The Applicants are advised to collect the hardcopy of the Brochure for JUET from the designated Branches of the J&K Bank after the payment of the requisite fee. May 15,2019
Last date for the filling up of the Online JUET Application form on the website: www.juet.in May 27,2019
Last date for the acceptance of the fee at the designated Branches* of the J&K Bank May 28,2019
Downloading of the JUET Admit Card from the University Website www.juet.in June 04to 09,2019
Date of the Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET-2019) June 09,2019 (Sunday)
Publication of the Answer Keyfor JUET June 10,2019
Last date for entertaining any complaint pertaining to the Question Paper/Answer Key of JUET (Only Online on the website www.juet.in with the supporting documents/evidence) June 12,2019
Date of Declaration of the JUET Result June 20,2019 (Thursday)
The Candidates who are unable to fill the Online JUET Application Form because of circumstances beyond control can do the same with the payment of a Special Late Fee as under (only through the Online payment mode):
- From 04/06/2019 to 06/06/2019 – Rs. 2,200/-
- On 07/06/2019 5,500/- (No Application Form for JUET-2019 shall be entertained after June 07,2019.)
|*Designated Branches of the J&K Bankfor the receipt of the JUET Examination Fee and the collection of the JUET Broch|
|1.||New Campus, University of Jammu, Jammu||12.||Main Branch, Udhampur|
|2.||Gandhi Nagar, Jammu||13.||Main Branch, Bhaderwah|
|3.||Shastri Nagar, Jammu||14.||Main Branch, Kishtwar|
|4.||Nai Basti, Jammu||15.||Main Branch, Rajouri|
|5.||Channi Himmat, Jammu||16.||Main Branch, Poonch|
|6.||Gujjar Charitable Trust, Channi Rama, Jammu||17.||University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar|
|7.||TalabTillo, Jammu||18.||Main Branch, Leh|
|8.||Shalamar, Jammu||19.||Main Branch, Kargil|
|9.||Roop Nagar, Jammu||20.||Main Branch, Sector-17, Chandigarh|
|10.||Sarwal, Jammu||21.||Ansal Plaza, South Delhi, Delhi|
|11.||Main Branch, Kathua|
|NOTE: For any other detail, log on to the Website www.juet.in