Cluster University Srinagar Lateral Entry admission notification.
B.Tech Engineering Programme (Lateral Entry Scheme) On-Line Applications are invited, on the prescribed format, from the
eligible candidates for appearing in Entrance Test for Admission in Semester III of following B.Tech. Engineering Courses in Government College of Engineering and Technology, Safapora Ganderbal under Lateral Entry Scheme for the Academic Session- 2020-21:-
1. Computer Engineering;
2. Mechanical Engineering;
3. Electrical and Electronics Engineering;
4. Civil Engineering; &
5. Bio-Medical Engineering.
(A) ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS (As per SRO 396 of 2016)
1. The candidates desirous of seeking admission under Lateral Entry Scheme must have passed 3-Year Diploma Examination from an AICTE approved institutions with at least 50% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology;
2. Passed B.Sc. final examination from any recognised University as defined by UGC with at least 50% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) and passed XII examination with Mathematics as a subject;
Note: 1 “Provided that, students belong to B.Sc. stream, shall clear the subject of Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering programme along with the second year subjects”
Note; 2 “Provided further that, the students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma steam”.
(B) Selection Criteria:
• The admission of the candidates shall be made on the basis of their merit obtained in the Entrance Test, comprising of Multiple Choice
Questions(MCQ’s), to be conducted by Cluster University Srinagar. Syllabus of the Entrance Test is available on the university website.
• There will be “Negative Marking” of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer
• First preference will be given to Diploma Holders as per their merit obtained in Entrance Test;
• Number of candidates to be admitted under Lateral Entry Scheme shall be 10% of the sanctioned intake capacity of discipline;
• While making selections, reservation policy shall be in accordance with the rules and orders in vogue. However, category certificate shall not be entertained after the closing date for submission of application forms;
The candidates have to deposit Entrance Fee On-Line during submission of Application Form.
(C) Important Dates:
i. Submission of online Application Forms 06-10-2020
ii. Last date for submission of ApplicationForms along with Entrance Test Fee: 15-10-2020
(D) Submission of On-Line Application Forms:
The candidates are advised to follow the bellow mentioned steps for filling their on- Line application Forms.
Step-1 Visit www.cusrinagar.edu.in and click on link Admission. Read important
instructions/eligibility criteria for Registration carefully before Submission of Form.
CLUSTER UNIVERSITY SRINAGAR
Website: www.cusrinagar.edu.in E-mail: [email protected]
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION No. 3