Jammu Srinagar NHW Traffic Update 30 Sept 2022.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 30-09-2022:-Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing this traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS: –
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0900 hrs. to 1200 hrs. from Jakheni (Udhampur) 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs & from Qazigund 0900 hrs to 1200 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakhani (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/ traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
SSG ROAD: –
Tomorrow on 30-09-2022 no vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from either side in view of maintenance and repair of Zoji La axis.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Srinagar towards Poonch on Mughal road. LMVs followed by HMVs will be released from Herpora (Shopian) towards Poonch at 0600 hrs. 1800 hrs. & LMVs will be released from Behramgalla (Buffliaz), Poonch towards Srinagar at 0500 hrs upto 1700 hrs.
People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048,9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396,18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745) • Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road.
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
1. Truckers upto ten Tyre are advised to use Mughal road for movement from Jammu to Srinagar and vice versa-versa.
2. In view of road widening work between Cafeteria and Mehad on Jammu-Srinagar NHW, traffic will remain suspended between Cafeteria and Mehad from 0300 hrs to 0700 hrs.
3. From 28-09-2022, 1700 hrs. to 29-09-2022 1700 hrs, Jammu-Srinagar NH 44 remained blocked for 04 hrs 55 mins due to shooting stones at Mehad
4. There shall be no traffic movement on all Fridays on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road from either side in view of Maintenance and Repair on Zoji La axis.
5. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.