J&K Post- Matric Scholarship Notification.
Grant of Scholarship to ST students under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Post- Matric Scholarship to ST students” for the year 2019-20
On-line applications are invited from the Schedule Tribe (ST) students of Jammu & Kashmir State pursuing studies in Government/Private Recognised Educational Institutions within and outside the State during the year 2019-20 who intends to avail the Scholarship under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Post-Matric Scholarship to ST students”. The ST students have to fill their applications online on Rational Scholarship Portal with effect from 15,h of July, 2019 onwards whose income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 Lakhs Per Annum.
The procedure for making online submission of the application form by the students can be had on the website https://scholarships.gov.in from any of the available internet access point.
Instructions/Guidelines for Registration and submitting online application on National Scholarship Portal
- The ST student has to log-in on the above given website for applying to Scholarship during the year 2019-20.
- Fresh Students
Students applying for scholarship for the first time need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated Information as printed on their documents in “Student Registration Form.” Before initiating registration process, students are advised to keep their Educational and other documents such as Aadhaar number. Enrolment number, Bank passbook etc. in hand.
To help students, brief description of registration form fields is provided below:
- State of Domicile – Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address. Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application Id” allotted to them will be based on domicile state and once allotted it cannot be changed This application Id will also be used as “Login Id” on the portal and for future references.
. Scholarship Category – Scholarship schemes are divided in four major categories. Students needs to select the relevant category based on their class/course In which they are studying i.e., Post-Matric Scholarship to ST students
- Name of Student – Provide name as printed In educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for the said Scholarship scheme.
. Date of Birth (DOB) – Provide date of birth as per their educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for Scholarship Scheme.
- Mobile Number – Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on this mobile number.
- Email Id – Provide correct and authenticated email id, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on their email Id.
- Identification Details – Select and provide the information in this field very wisely. There are three parameters provided to students for identification such as:
- Aadhaar Number – In case student selects Aadhaar number as the identifier, they need to provide their Name and 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on Aadhaar card. Students who are having Aadhaar number are advised to register with Aadhaar number as preference will be given to Aadhaar seeded eligible students at the time of scholarship disbursement. This will enable in directly crediting scholarship amount to student Aadhaar linked bank account through Aadhaar Payment Bridge (ABP) in fast track mode.
- Bank Account – In case student selects Bank account as identifier, provide Bank branch IFSC code, active bank account number and name of bank as printed on their bank passbook. Students also need to upload the copy of their bank passbook.
In addition, when students use bank account as identification they need to provide “Aadhaar Enrolment Id” and upload the scan copy of the same. However, when students receive their Aadhaar number they should update the same in the portal.
- The login id and password to log into NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively. You are advised to mandatority change your password at the time of first login for security purposes.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submit more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
- Students are advised to provide “AnnuaT Family Income” as per the Income Certificate issued by competent authority, in their scholarship application,
- If the ST student is already registered on the National Scholarship Portal, he/she has to use his/her own user ID & password for filling up of application by clicking on “Applying for Scholarship”.
- The ST student has to upload following scanned documents on the National Scholarship Portal:
- Passport size Photograph.
- Permanent Residential Certificate (State Subject).
- Caste Certificate (Schedule Tribe) Issued by the competent authority.
- Original Parents/Guardians income certificate indicating income from all sources from concerned Tehsildar In case of Government Employees/Pensioners, Salary/Pension Certificate issued by the concerned Drawing & Disbursing Officer/Treasury Officer concerned.
- Fee Receipts in Original issued by the concerned Institution.
- Promotion Certificates.
- Hosteller Certificate, issued by the Head of the Institution/Warden.
- Affiliation/Registration certificate of College/lnstitution in-case of Private Institutions.
- Photo copy of the Pass-Book indicating complete particulars i.e., Name of the Account Holder, Address, Active Bank Account Number, Bank Branch & IFSC Code etc,
- Photo Copy of the Aadhaar Card.
THE GRANT OF SCHOLARSHIP IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:-
- Mere filling of online scholarship application form will not confer any right on the student that he/ she will be granted scholarship.
- Preference shall be given to the Government Institutions,
- Scholarship will be restricted to availability of funds.
A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the same course/class from any other Agency/Department.
After successful submission of application on National Scholarship Portal, the applicant has to acquire Hard Copy of the application form and submit the same to the Nodal Officer of the concerned Institute.
The Institution’s Nodal Officer should verify the said hard copies thoroughly with online applications of students, available in their user ID and verify/recommend the eligible applications online of students who are eligible for grant of Scholarship as per the norms of the Scheme and also forward the compiled hard copies of these applications to the Offices of Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Office Kashmir (Suleiman Complex Dalgate. Srinagar) in case of Kashmir/Ladakh Provinces and to the Offce of Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Jammu (JKPCC Complex. Panama Chowk, Jammu) in case of Jammu Province within the stipulated time period. Those Institutions/Colleges/Universities who are not registered on National Scholarship Portal till date are requested to immediately register/nominate their Nodal Officer on National Scholarship Portal and furnish the details of the same to the concerned Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Officer Jammu/Kashmir
The Institutions outside the State should submit the compiled hard copies of application forms of ST students from J&K State to concerned Deputy Directors (i.e. forms of students of Kashmir province to Deputy Director Office, Kashmir and those of Jammu province to Deputy Director Office, Jammu) failing which the Scholarship shall not be sanctioned in favour of the students.
Note: No Hard copy of the application form shall be entertained from the students directly by the Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Offices Jammu/Kashmir or Directorate of Tribal Affairs Office J&K.
For further queries, the students/lnstitution Nodal Officers can contact to the following Officers/Official of the Tribal Affairs Department during Office hours.
- Smt: Nighat Majid (Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Kashmir) on:
0194-2500585 or 2500138. E-mail: – [email protected]
- Smt: Coni Sethi (Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Jammu) on:
0191-2479198 or 2476877, E-mail: – [email protected]
- Directorate of Tribal Affair Office on:
0194-2500138, 0191-2476877 E-Mail: [email protected]
TIME-LINE FOR STUDENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS:
|S.NO.||Activities||Opening Date||Last Date|
|1.||Opening date for submitting the applications online on the Portal||15th of July,2019||Will be|
updated on the Portal
|2.||Verification/forwarding of on-line Applications of hard copies duly recommended by the Institutions Nodal Officer to the Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Officer concerned only to the concerned Deputy Directors, Tribal Welfare Offices Jammu/Kashmir||15th of|