Important Instructions for Candidates appearing in KAS Exam, KAS Exam Do’s and Don’ts
Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 Important Instructions
It is re-iterated that the J&K Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 shall be conducted on 19.03.2017 in two Sessions as under:-
Forenoon Session – 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon Session – 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
The Admit Cards are available on the Commission’s website http://www.jkpsc.nic.in. However, in case, a candidate is not able to download his/her admit card and his name doesn’t figure in the deficiency/rejection notice no.06 –PSC/Exam/2017 dated: 27.02.2017, he or she may represent before the Commission by or before 10.03.2017 with a valid proof of having filled in Online Application form and bank challan duly signed with date of deposition of fee, failing which it shall be presumed that they are not interested in appearing in the said exam and no claim whatsoever after 10.03.2017 shall be entertained. The candidates are advised to take a printout of the admit card well in advance to avoid last minute rush. In past cases have been noticed where some candidates have faced difficulty in accessing the server on the last day on account of server overload.
Further the candidates are advised to adhere to the following instructions during the examination:-
1. Candidates shall carry Admit Card in the allotted examination centre to secure admission to the examination hall. Always keep the Examination Admit Card with you and show it to the supervisory staff on duty as and when required/demanded.
2. Do not write anything related or un-related to Examination on your Admit Card.
3. Candidates should be seated in the examination hall 20 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
4. Candidates should carefully read the instructions given on the back side of the response sheet as well as on the question paper. Page 2 of 3
5. Check the Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancy, if any, to the notice of J&K Public Service Commission immediately.
6. You are responsible for safe custody of this Admission Certificate and in the event of any other person using this certificate the onus to prove that you have not used the services of any impersonator shall lie on you.
7. Ensure that you are seated in the Examination hall 20 minutes before the scheduled time of commencement of the examination.
8. Before entering into the campus of the Examination Hall, make sure that you are not in possession of the Mobile Phone/Programmable Calculators or any unauthorized/incriminating material. In case you are found in possession of any unauthorized material during the examination, you shall be disqualified for such examination(s).
9. If you appear at a centre/venue other than the one notified/ allotted by the Commission, your Answer Sheets shall not be evaluated and your candidature will be liable to cancellation.
10. You should bring your own instruments viz. blue/black ball point pen, drinking water bottle etc. No borrowing or exchange of articles would be allowed in the examination hall.
11. You shall not be permitted to leave the examination hall untill expiry of full time (i.e. two hours).
12. In Examination hall, you shall be provided an OMR answer sheet and question booklet. You should read the instructions carefully on the back side of OMR sheet before filling in the item Nos.1-8. Item No. 9 is to be filled up by the invigilator.
13. The examination is Multiple Choice Type. Each question will have 04 options marked as A,B,C & D. You should choose the correct option and darken the corresponding oval on your OMR answer sheet by Blue or Black ball point pen.
14. The oval should be fully darkened, without causing any damage to the Response Sheet.
15. You should make your own arrangements of boarding and lodging, PSC shall not defray any TA/DA expenses.
16. Your candidature to examination is provisional, subject to the fulfillment of Eligibility Criteria.
Note: In case you find any discrepancy, in the test booklet in any question(s) or the Responses, a written representation explaining the details of such alleged discrepancy, be submitted within three days, indicating the Question No(s) and the Test Booklet Series, in which the discrepancy is Page 3 of 3 alleged. Representation not received within time shall not be entertained at all.
Furthermore, concerned Invigilators deployed by the Supervisors for such duty may ensure that the above instructions issued to the candidates are followed by the candidates strictly. Any laxity on the part of invigilation staff shall be viewed seriously.
Official webiste JKPSC.NIC.IN